PDA

View Full Version : Problems with IPOD

ACN_Pilot
24th Oct 2005, 18:41
Hi fellow ppruners,

I cant seem to be able to transfer certain songs from my laptop to my ipod, I get a message saying the songs are protected. Now I would really love to be able to transfer my entire collection to this cool little gadget, but its starting to get frustrating. Any ideas?

ACN_Pilot

WeatherJinx
25th Oct 2005, 07:49
ACN_Pilot

Were these songs bought from another online store (i.e. Napster, Rhapsody etc.)? If so, and where your licence allows, you may be able to first burn them to a CD then re-import them into iTunes. Be sure when you do, that you check the options available in your software and burn them in a 'lossless' audio format such as AIFF or WAV, otherwise you may experience degradation in the audio quality.

Each store uses their own copy-protected versions of the various audio formats (mp3, AAC, Real Audio) and they are incompatible with each other, so precluding 'direct' copying in most cases. Hope this helps.

Jx

youngskywalker
27th Oct 2005, 13:14
Hi, I have a similar problem in that I have a music CD bought from a high street store that I cannot either rip to my hard drive or transfer to my mp3 player. Is this because the cd is protected and if so can I do anything about it? I'm using the standard windows media player (latest version I think)