PDA

View Full Version : 'The Chief' - Mick Skewes

Glenn Higgins
24th Oct 2005, 12:49
I sadly regret to inform fellow aviators about the passing of one of the true gentleman in our industry. Mick Skewes - 'The Chief' sadly passed away at his home this evening, condolences to his family from all at CHC.

With greatest respect,

Higgo.

w_ocker
24th Oct 2005, 13:44
A sad loss.
Blue skies Chief.

Nomex
24th Oct 2005, 13:56
He touch everyone, and will be sadly missed.
We'll be thinking of you Chief.

trimpot
24th Oct 2005, 22:23
I worked with Chief for nearly ten years and this sad news comes as a great shock. Chief was a gentleman, a great bloke and a truely dedicated and professional aviator. He was at one time the senior Aircrewman for the RAN and survived not one but two Sea King ditchings, legend.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Seve

"Break dip mother 175-34 your charlie time 1800 24-10-05"

dipboss
24th Oct 2005, 22:28
A true gentleman and thoroughly professional aviator in both the RAN Fleet Air Arm and the Helicopter industry. Mick was one of the best and will be missed by many.

DB

Jason Dunk
25th Oct 2005, 03:19
I am truly saddened on hearing the news of Chief's passing.

Despite his constant heckling of "banana benders", particularly around state of origin time, he was a true gentleman & will be sadly missed by all who know him.

Please pass on my sincere condolences to the family and all the boys at willytown.

Jason

Ground Bounce
25th Oct 2005, 05:11
Deeply saddened at the passing of "The Chief" - formerly "God" in the RAN. A true gentleman, and thoroughly committed aviator. It has been a pleasure to work with Mick in both the puss and civvi street..I hope I can be half as good!

Thanks for the start in the industry Mick (and the sh#t postings). You will be remembered for a very long time to come. I am proud to say I am Skewes trained.

Fair winds and a following sea

God bless

GB

Tony Hall
26th Oct 2005, 09:55
It is with great sadness, respect and tears in my eyes that I offer and extend my personal condolence to the passing of Mick Skewes. I, like so many others am privileged to have know Mick on a professional and personal level for many years and will continue to carry the Chief’s heritage and wisdom with me in every time I fly.

I feel your collective sorrows as I have seen the closeness that you Williamtown boys all shared during every working day. The Chief has had such a profound impact on so many of us and I am sure you will all hold those experiences and cherished memories close to your hearts. Higgo may your team hold strong during these most difficult of times, my respect to Mick’s immediate family and his most beloved workmates. Vale Mick “Chief” Skewes.

Respectfully

Tony Hall

PPRuNeUser0212
26th Oct 2005, 11:22
Sad to hear about Chief, I was privledged to work with him in East Timor and happy to have him visit me in hospital.
He was a champion for the crewies and will be sorely missed.

Clare Butler
27th Oct 2005, 06:51
Chief was surely one of the last true gentlemen.

A man amongst men and the best of men to women.

Chief had the genuine, heartfelt respect and love of everyone who knew him, including mine.

He was always the one going in to bat for the underdog and could usually be found looking out for everyone but himself.

His competance and sense of humour made every flight with him a pleasure. He could even make box-knocking fun.

Control check, continuing, Chief.

Clare Butler.

Garry Butler
28th Oct 2005, 00:52
CHIEF

You have touched and influenced the lives of many.
I was fortunate to meet and work with you in Timor.
Even though my encounters with you were short, you are a person that will be remembered for a long time.
Condolences to your family.

Garry Butler

Snapsimo
29th Oct 2005, 23:00
Mick was one of those people that when you met him, you liked him. He was always there for everyone if they needed him and was as everyone has said, 'Professional'.

You Sir, shall be missed by everyone that knows you and to his family, all our love in this sad time.

See you Mick

PJ Lymn
31st Oct 2005, 00:31
It was a sad day hearing of Micks passing. I had the pleasure to know and work with Mick for many years, firstly as a SAR diver in the Puss (RAN) and then have him train me as a down the wire man with CHC. Today mate your wings will carry you on your final journey, I thank you for the times we enjoyed a few coldies during the years and your efforts in adverse conditions in Dili Timor Leste.
Fond memories and thoughts travel with you
He is definately one of lifes gentleman
Cheers MICK you were "THE CHIEF"

PJ

condolences to your family from all CHC Helicopters staff in
Timor Leste