PDA

View Full Version : Class Action Lawsuit against Robinson Helicopters

SASless
23rd Oct 2005, 14:35
Saw a news article that reported a class action lawsuit has been filed against Robinson Helicopters and all flight schools operating R-22's for ab initio flight training.

The thrust of the suit revolves around the discrimination caused by the use of the Robbie R-22 in flight instruction in that it prevents "larger" potential students from obtaining flight training at the same cost and avialiblilty as "smaller" students.

The woman that filed the suit claimed compensation for mental anguish and pain and suffering along with a demand for flight training at the same cost as other students. She claimed she had been sick when she discovered she would not be able to pursue her choice of careers when it became apparant she could not use the Robbie R-22 for her flight training and could not afford to purchase instruction in a more suitable helicopter.

Just where is this Political Correctness movement going to take us?

Hughes500
23rd Oct 2005, 14:41
Well you do breed them big in the USA !

tangovictor
23rd Oct 2005, 14:49
only in America !

Cyclic Hotline
23rd Oct 2005, 15:04
Maybe she should sue Toyota while she's at it, because she can't fit into an Echo? And I would really file against Cessna (really big corporation) because she also can't train in a Cessna 150, because they have never manufactured the 150LA (Lard Ass). Maybe some enterpring individual should put an R-44 motor in the R-22 and create the R-22FB (Fat Bastard)! Maybe Mike Meyers might help market it? :p

I think this will simply fall into the frivoulous lawsuit category, as there is nothing obligating any manufacturer or supplier of services to accomodate the more extreme range of human size. :ooh:

Just like SouthWest Airlines making you purchase two tickets if you are the equivalent of two people - hey, sue them as well! Of course one minor factor to be considered, is that her bulk might remove any payload that her prospective employer is hoping to carry in that machine she is operating - thus generating the revenue to pay her from! :yuk:

She should stick to suing McDonalds!

helicopter-redeye
23rd Oct 2005, 15:40
I hope Robinson sue her back for wasting good design & build time on such Charlie Romeo Alpha Papa. perhaps a 'cake' action lawsuit?

:ok: :ok: :oh: :bored: :zzz: :=

Big_Johnno
23rd Oct 2005, 15:45
I am also a BIG Boy about 120kg and i can get into an R22. How would you pass a flight medical if you are too big to fit into the seat?

Gordy
23rd Oct 2005, 16:41
I am also a BIG Boy about 120kg and i can get into an R22.

I am assuming you are just stating you can fit into the seat and not flying as you exceed the weight limitation for the R-22 seat, or are the rules different down under?

It is my guess the suit will be thrown out because there are schools in the US that offer training in both the R-22 and 300CB for the same price.

B Sousa
23rd Oct 2005, 16:51
God Bless Amerika............Im not a Robbie fan but I certainly hope this does not fly.
A thousand buzzard lawyers on the fence says shes gonna get some walkaway money......

mustangpilot
23rd Oct 2005, 17:28
I knew a guy who had this problem one time. He just went out and bought a Huey :D

23rd Oct 2005, 18:18
It must be cheaper and a lot better for your health just to go on a diet:)

SASless
23rd Oct 2005, 21:39
Guys,

This poor lady is quite hurt by this problem. Maybe we should be a bit more considerate of her plight. Someone did some research and found a photograph taken of her when she first learned of her inability to obtain reasonably priced helicopter flight instruction. They say one photograph is worth a thousand words do they not..... Click here (http://webpages.charter.net/nlappos/carolina.jpg)

B Sousa
23rd Oct 2005, 22:05
Sasless....Your sick.......That was great............Think I saw her at a Flight School party..........In fact.................

Whirlygig
23rd Oct 2005, 22:13
Seriously, and I'm going to bare my secrets here..... (for those who know me)....

I used to weigh 17st (that's pushing 240 lbs (107kg) for those who don't deal in old money) and had undiagnosed Hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's Disease). I could not have flown an R22. However, for years I battled the medical profession and was finally, correctly treated. Within 2 years, I lost 6st.

So... some of the comments here are not entirely fair....

I do not agree with the woman bringing the lawsuit as I think the US has become far too litigious when instead, perhaps she should be looking to the medical profession to find out the cause of the obesity. It ain't just down to overeating. Honestly! There could be thyroid issues, adrenal disease, any number of endocrine conditions as well as a psychological problem which may need to be addressed.

Cheers

Whirls

Still prefer a S300 to a Robbo anyday though!

B Sousa
23rd Oct 2005, 23:41
There could be thyroid issues, adrenal disease, any number of endocrine conditions as well as a psychological problem which may need to be addressed.

Hmmmmm.... Could be as Thyroid problems are more prevalent in Women.
BUT, I will place my bet on the Vegas tables that this is just some fat chick who got into a lawyers ear. Hes gonna get walking money without a doubt.

Walking money for those not in the US of A is when a large company pays one to "go away" rather than spend all that money to go to court and be proven correct.

We have more Lawyers than Pilots here....... I notice Fl hasnt thrown anything at me yet.

TheFlyingSquirrel
23rd Oct 2005, 23:45
SASless - she was throwing up her water melon - before the shot was taken, I asked her if that's how she kept cool in those hot Southern summers by wearing no underwear ?

She said " well I don't know 'bout that, but it sure keeps the flies off my melon ! "

TFS;)

SASless
23rd Oct 2005, 23:54
Well...you know how them UNC Chapel Hill Cheerleaders are.....now the NC State ladies....Ba Ba BOOM!

I have photographic evidence of that....right Nick?

Whirlygig
24th Oct 2005, 00:02
Yee...ees,

One couldn't help but notice the name on the URL link ;) But c'mon guys ..... bet she's a great little cook!

Cheers

Whirls

SASless
24th Oct 2005, 00:05
Well....the saying down there is "Party till you bugle!"

belly tank
24th Oct 2005, 00:07
Sasless...( re pic) as we say here in Australia "THATS GOLD" :ok:

Flingwing207
24th Oct 2005, 03:03
Where did you see that article? A quick Google search netted nothing.

SASless
24th Oct 2005, 04:20
Maybe so...but a wee search here netted several.:E

Steve76
24th Oct 2005, 05:23
I think we should all bring a suit against Bell for the damage to our backs from the Jetranger...
Seriously.

Gotagivitago
24th Oct 2005, 09:06
You insensitive Bast##ds! How dare you criticise this poor fat lady with so much to offer. I bet she's a great cook! And she can even gut a fish with her teeth!! As it so happens, I believe she had plans to become a test pilot with the Air Force just as soon as she got her pilots licence. Where will it end?:ok: :{:yuk:

Farmer 1
24th Oct 2005, 09:10
Can you imagine that at 6g?

diethelm
24th Oct 2005, 20:23
I notice by her picture that she has undertaken the Karen Carpenter diet to get her weight under control.

Simon853
25th Oct 2005, 19:22
You know, it's fair enough I guess to bash the American litigation-nation culture, but we all know if that woman was in the UK she'd probably be doing her training on some kind of social security grant..

Si

PS. Who can I sue 'cause I can't afford to do my training on a big twin?...

Big_Johnno
26th Oct 2005, 10:02
I have done a search and found nothing about this story. If it is true can someone please supply a link to the actual article.
John

Flingwing207
26th Oct 2005, 15:07
Nothing in any searches I've done (Google, Lexus/Nexus, Yahoo). C'mon SASless, give over with the source!