PDA

View Full Version : Horror Stories

Geoffersincornwall
23rd Oct 2005, 13:13
Has anybody got any horror stories about poor helideck designs offshore. Particularly interested in those that have required expensive rectification

SASless
23rd Oct 2005, 21:57
Yes,

The Trident Six....the bog is across the helideck...down the ladder to the deck...across the deck...up the ladder to the Radio Room...down three decks and is the French bomb sight style device.

When one is suffering from Bambigida's Revenge.....that is a VERY LONG WALK!

I shall not mention what kind of rectification was required to the bog.....but will only suggest it was not I who was going to be doing the rectification.:E

Geoffersincornwall
24th Oct 2005, 00:28
SASSY - just be grateful you you were not wearing a goonsuit.

An old friend of mine who was en route from Farnboro to the ranges in East Anglia in Wessi 5 resplendant in goonbag and electric hat, opted for the short cut through the heli-lanes of London. He was 'caught short' with a dose of the 'dog' at about Barnes and called up Battersea for an impromtu dash to heads.

"We don't seem to have a movement for you" said the controller on initial contact,

"No", said Colin, "But I've got one for you".

Whereupon the Battersea team were treated to a pilot climbing out of a Wessex whilst simultaneously removing goonbag and hat, completing said manoeuvre at Vne en route across the hardstanding then appearing some 10 mins later wearing a broad grin!

RIP CB we miss you.