PDA

View Full Version : The mystery of the disappering EK Airbus rosters

Thridle Op Des
23rd Oct 2005, 12:54
I was overwhelmed to see that the Airbus rosters were on the system late yesterday afternoon, however I see its business as usual and they have today disappered off the system. I suspect trouble is around the corner!

Scooter Rassmussin
23rd Oct 2005, 12:59
Yes all airbus are to be sold this Xmas making way for an all Boeing fleet , and due to no transition courses (especially upgrades ) allowed ,all airbus pilots will be sacked , and a new bunch of non-rated Decs and F/Os will come to crew the new batch of Boeings TBA at the airshow........:uhoh:

pintofstella
23rd Oct 2005, 14:06
RE THE VANISHING ROSTA'S......

AS PREVIOSLY MENTIONED I SUSPECT THERE IS TROUBLE AROUND THE CORNER WHEN THEY ARE RE-ISSUED. HOWEVER I PLAN NOT TO DO ANY OF THE NEW "' MANUALLY INPUTS"'. THEY CANT DO THIS. ONCE ISSUED PLANS ARE MADE ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE LEAVE IN NOV, ITS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN PLAN OUR TIME OUTSIDE OF WORK.
FINGERS CROSSED THINGS DONT GET MESSED UP TO MUCH, BUT I FOR ONE WILL NOT BE HOLDING MY BREATH. SUN JUST GONE DOWN SO OFF FOR A PINT OF STELLA NOW...

Fearless Leader
23rd Oct 2005, 15:09
Don't know how much weight it holds, but just went thru recurrent and was told that Emirates are locked into 10 A/C legally by contract.
We all know however, contracts can be renegotiated.

Just some more fuel for the fire.

Not from here
24th Oct 2005, 03:56
Now would that be the roster that has no manual inputs, It would seem that they have been caught red handed, roster issued then oops forgot the adjustment so little bit of tweaking Wouldn’t want those pesky pilots getting to many days off and lets see if we can @#%$ their leave a bit.

Desert Whine
24th Oct 2005, 15:09
It's nothing to do with forgetting to injput their manual insertions. There was a much bigger problem in the system and not just with the pilots.

Apparently it's caused a huge upset but we probably won't hear much about it. Nothing bad ever happens.

White Knight
24th Oct 2005, 18:33
Trimotor - my 'bus is always on time:D Besides, I'd rather have four huge Trents turning and burning behind me when I'm xxxx miles away from nowhere over the Indian Ocean, than two!! Forget your driftdown scenarios.....:\

Four legs good, two legs bad and all that:ok:

newhappy
24th Oct 2005, 19:21
The 340-600 IMHO will come because Emirates needs the expansion now and not later. They want to open the long range routes as quick as they can before the other boys in the region do, and neither boeing nor airbus can provide them with another aircraft now as a replacement to the 340-600 as production lines are already working at capacity in both factories. The 777 is surely a great aircraft, but the EK ERs are burining less fuel than advertised not because of Boeing Engineering, rather because EK has not added the crew rest modules which are about 2 tonnes. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that any aircraft flying long range burns less fuel when it is lighter (check your flight plans and see how much you save when the zfw goes up or down, and the longer you fly the bigger the numerical value) I am sure that once the 777s start coming with the crew rest facilities the fuel consumption will increase to the published values. The 777 is probably cheaper than the 340 if you fill it up, but getting 360 punters rather than 260 punters to fly on a route all the time is a big increase in seat capacity, and though you can make lots of money, you can also lose lots of money...

24th Oct 2005, 21:28
For your personal info,I use to fly a 777 with the crew bunks in my previous company and it was still performing better than it was suppose to... including fuel burn.What else to say...it's a Boeing...