PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Rotors - Complimentary Copies If You Would LIke One

Pac Rotors
8th Jun 2001, 10:05
I have had a number of emails from people asking about the magazine. If anyone would like a sample copy I am happy to send them one, doesnt matter where they are located. Just send me an email to the following saying that you want a comp copy and where to send it:

[email protected]

Regards

Pacific Rotors

Pac Rotors
15th Jun 2001, 10:05
Just a note to say this offer will be open to all members here for a while yet.

Regards

PR

SouthXross
15th Jun 2001, 14:54
I received my copy, thank you very much, I found it to be a very good read and really enjoyed it. Question: How do we subscribe?

SX

Pac Rotors
16th Jun 2001, 10:01
You can do so through the website.

http://www.southerncrossimages.com/pr

or send off the subs form in the magazine. Next issue is due out in approx three weeks. Glad you enjoyed the magazine.

Arm out the window
17th Jun 2001, 07:04
Hey, PacRotors;

Do the complimentary copies of your magazine only say nice things about people?

(I hear you groan)

Seriously though, good on you for publishing it. Journalists cop a caning now and then for inaccuracy, but I guess you don't often hear people praising you when you get things right.

Pac Rotors
17th Jun 2001, 07:50
The magazine says it the way it is. We have pissed off a few product manufacturers because they didnt like what was written but hey thats life. Our operator profiles have given people's true comments about a helo, product or service. If its good they say so, if its not up to standard they also say so.

We also welcome feedback on the magazine so if there is something thats not up to scratch also tell us.

regards

PR

Arm out the window
17th Jun 2001, 10:22
I'll have to be a bit more careful about my posts!

My initial comment was simply a pun on the word 'complimentary', not an attempt to comment on the content or style of your magazine. Good to see that you have a policy of telling it like it is.

Cheers.

sprocket
17th Jun 2001, 11:51
AOTW : Too subtle mate, you caught me out too. :)

Flight Safety
25th Jun 2001, 01:22
Just got my complimentary copy and I've really enjoyed it. The articles are detailed and well thought out, and I even enjoyed reading some of the ads. The page layouts and publishing quality are quite high and very professional looking. I'm not sure what I expected, but the magazine was much better than I expected and a really nice surprise.

One question and one comment. First, how often is the mag published?

Second, the only (and very small) issue I noticed with the mag is that the article text needs a little more proof reading, as I found quite a few small typos that were mainly word choice typos. Things like "them" instead of "they" and "if" instead of "of", things a spelling checker wouldn't find. In the end however this was very minor, and I think it only caught my attention because the magazine is so polished and professional otherwise.

This is an excellent magazine and I plan to subscribe as soon as I find out what the annual publication rate is. I'll check the website for the information, because I couldn't find it in the magazine.

Best regards,
JeffB

------------------
Safe flying to you...

[This message has been edited by Flight Safety (edited 24 June 2001).]

Pac Rotors
25th Jun 2001, 02:08
Thanks for the comments on the magazine and appreciate all the feedback we can get.

The magazine was four issues last year, five this year and we go to six issues next year. There were a couple of issues that we didnt have a subs form in the mag so that might have been one of the ones I sent to you, apologies for that. On the website there is all the info you need under subscriptions. If you need any more info just drop me an email.

Also I now have a proof reader to get rid of those little mistakes you mentioned. I knew they were there after I got it back from the printers so have now put things in place to ensure we have error free text.

Regards

Pac Rotors.

Copter Cody
30th Jun 2001, 03:42
PAC Rotors

Im an avid helicopter pilot and I was wondering what helicopter magazine would be the best for me to invest in? I was hoping that I could have a free copy and then subscribe to that magazine, sounds great i was just wondering if its true

Cody
Helo pilot

Pac Rotors
30th Jun 2001, 10:39
Cody

Email me your postal address and will send you a copy. Am not going to bag the other magazines as we all cover the industry from a different viewpoint. I stick to going out in the field and doing features on the operators and shooting the best pics I can to illustrate the stories.

Regards

Pac Rotors.

HeloTeacher
3rd Jul 2001, 18:41
Got the magazine the other day. I enjoyed it very much. Had the same comment about minor typos but it was still very readable and enjoyable. Enjoyed both the articles and ads.

One thing, I passed it around and was asked several times if it was current as there was no date on it, not a big deal I thought.

As far as content to ask for, I personally would love to see more info about type specific data: fuel burn, cruise, VNE, gross weight, etc.

I plan on subscribing as soon as my wife lets go of the cheque-book!

Pac Rotors
5th Jul 2001, 00:42
Helo Teacher

I just hired someone to do the grammar and proof reading for the magazine, to get rid of those pesky little typos and grammar mistakes etc. You will notice a big difference with Issue 9.

I used to put the date and month etc on the magazine but decided just to put the issue number on instead. Makes it easier if we are a little late or it takes a while via mail to get somewhere.

With regards to the VNE, fuel burn etc we are now getting into that a lot more. Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming features with that type of info in them.

Also glad you enjoyed the magazine.

Pac Rotors.

Vfrpilotpb
6th Jul 2001, 19:43
Hi Pac Rotors,

Just got my copy in the Post today, thanks a bunch, very interesting, good factual stories, it may be me, but the spell/gram did not really worry me for it all made sense, slightly shiver provoking reading about the wirestrikes, we dont seem to have many, if any of these in the UK, possibly our valleys are not as wide, will be filling in the subs form.
My Regards
Peter R-B
On my way to Cyprus, heard the Cypriots are revolting, but the wine's OK

Up & Away
11th Jul 2001, 18:16
Thanks Pac Rotors
excellent Mag. Right...Europe is not in the centre of the Rotor world.

Pac Rotors
11th Jul 2001, 22:15
Up & Away

Glad you got the mag OK. We try and give a balanced sort of coverage of the operations around the Pacific Rim countries but we are also looking at expanding the coverage. In my opinion I still think Rotor & Wing is an OK magazine, they cover the larger global type outlook and where the manufacturers are heading etc, whereas we delve into the smaller guys with one, two and three machines etc.

Having been involved in the helo industry since I was ten years old this is more of a passion for me than a job. Hell what other jobs allow you to one minute be hiking across a glacier shooting a B3 lifting a tent and then two days later on the side of a forest section with the riggers, shooting heli logging. Life's tough :D

Keep an eye out in upcoming issues, we might be covering the UK and Europe ;)

regards

Pac Rotors