PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick & Easyjet

ebenezer
22nd Oct 2005, 07:52
It's OFFICIAL!

Gatwick is now EasyJet's largest base with 31 destinations being served. EZY is also now the largest single operator from LGW's South Terminal.

Not sure how many routes are served from Luton or Stansted so don't know which rates as Easyjet's No. 2 base.

:ok:

pieboyjr
22nd Oct 2005, 08:00
According to the easyJet site Gatwick serves 33 destinations.

Luton has 27 destinations, Stansted has 26 destinations.

Bristol has 25 destinations and Berlin Schonefield has 27 destinations.

dwlpl
22nd Oct 2005, 08:39
Depends how you define 'largest base'.

With airlines in the business of carrying passengers, I would have thought that the 'largest base' would be the one that uplifts most passengers.

Doug the Head
22nd Oct 2005, 09:53
Congratulations! :rolleyes:

What´s the point of this thread?? :hmm:

CAP670
22nd Oct 2005, 14:00
What´s the point of this thread??

Dunno... but it's interesting that unlike Ryanair, easyJet appears to see operations from 'major' airports such as Gatwick as entirely viable. It's also interesting that unlike many previous operators that started life at Luton, easyJet hasn't abandoned that North London location for another more commercially attractive locale.

But then again, to quote Basil Fawlty "Search me, we're just stuck with it..."

:hmm:

WATABENCH
22nd Oct 2005, 16:01
Well done BRS is what i say! only 1 route less that STN and 2 less that LTN and only a few less than LGW, call me biased but i think its fantastic to see EZY doing so well in what has been up to the last year or so genrally considered a small regional airport, I think its a great testiment to everyone involved in the EZY BRS operation and the pax that use the routes especially when you consider how much bigger the London airports are to BRS, Not just in airport size, but in pax figs and catchment area.
Plus add to that the fact they've kept Flybe who had big plans for BRS and BMI Baby at CWL at bay as niether have expanded in quite some time, well apart from Flybe at EXT but that doesnt seem to of affected EZY-BRS either!

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
22nd Oct 2005, 16:40
Any chance of a LGW-GLA on EZY? BA's fares are to high.