PDA

View Full Version : All Emirates Problems Solved

heywood u bleume
22nd Oct 2005, 04:46
Another coup for Emirates management!!! Change the colour of the economy class seats and the shape of the crockery and...hey presto..... all the service problems that have caused the plunging ratings will disappear. Give me a break.

HUB:p

Seaton Approach
22nd Oct 2005, 05:07
Seat colour OK to me. Crockery OK to me.

Now the crew in Economy, that's a WHOLE 'nother story....

With the exception of a precious few exceptionally good cabin crew, I have NEVER seen such a miserable, unhelpful bunch of jumped-up little :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: in all my life!

Customer service? NOPE. But then again this is Dubai, the city that cares. :yuk:

uplock
22nd Oct 2005, 07:17
Stating the obvious but why wont the company look at how long the cabin crew work?

You do not have to be a Brain Surgeon to work out that after working 90 plus hours every month some thing has to break and then cutting back on crew numbers to provide the award winning service........

Yup have to agree the new video game selections with the color changes will make all the difference.....

Why cant I play tetris on the A345 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/TetrisPieces.jpg

sirwa69
22nd Oct 2005, 07:53
You do not have to be a Brain Surgeon to work out that after working 90 plus hours every month some thing has to break

Am I missing something here:confused: :confused:

I am not a brain surgeon but I do work about 190 hours a month and I am not in any danger of breaking soon :ugh:

I would love to work ONLY 90 hours a month

:E

On On

scanscanscan
22nd Oct 2005, 12:30
Yes Sir... As you well know... you are missing something.....like that is 90 hours aborne in a pressurised to 7000 ft/8000ft cabin...dry air....time zone changes.....legal but inadequate rest....all in a highly stressed state..... and month after debilitating month......actual in uniform await duty and in uniform off duty time is probably 90 hours times a factor.
A lot of premature mortality is building up here..... if you look at the mortality record of GF Tristar line cabin and flight deck crews subject to less work rate than today.
A feature of Gulf Air crews that flew me over the past 4 years was they looked totally knackered. My wife remarked... You should not worry about them dear as it was just the way you used to look after a block when you flew for them..... hum...that was before my heart attack.
Basically if you do not like what you know they are doing to your health.... resign.

huckleberry58
22nd Oct 2005, 13:28
How do you work 190hrs a month? That's well over the 100hrs/28days. I assume you're talking block time?

Lost in Saigon
22nd Oct 2005, 14:53
Hint: He is not a pilot and he doesn't know a thing about being a pilot...

Farty Flaps
23rd Oct 2005, 00:50
Dont know about BLOCK time, sounds more like a load of BOLOCK time to me

gl69
23rd Oct 2005, 11:26
With the exception of a precious few exceptionally good cabin crew, I have NEVER seen such a miserable, unhelpful bunch of jumped-up little in all my life!

Have you ever riden on an US airline? If you have not then your above statement can be forgiven. If you have riden on a US airline or ever seen a US crew you don't know the meaning of miserable. If you ever what to see a more miserable bunch of old ladies just look no further than an international crew of an US airline. Don't forget to ask the crew to show you some pictures of their cats!