PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar A330 training begins - no wind up

Calligula
22nd Oct 2005, 02:59
No wind up.

Have just checked the sim roster for the A330 in melbourne after following a link from Qroom and can confirm that the 0700-1100 session in the 29th of Oct in the A330 sim is booked in the name of 'Jetstar'.

Hopefully our instructors will give these $cabbbs a warm welcome to the mainline facility.

Could AIPA place a ban on AIPA members instructing 'heros'

Thoughts please

Douglas Mcdonnell
22nd Oct 2005, 03:47
Id be embarrased to think that I had others in the organisation that I worked for with attitudes like this.

Take a step back from the angry man role and have a good think about who is ACTUALLY responsible for this. Attitudes such as yours, Calligua, only further show everyone else how removed from the real world you and your other vocal mates are.

DM

cheklapsap
22nd Oct 2005, 03:54
Haven't you already some of those 'people' flying the 330?

I flew QF in and out of SIN recently and I can swear the 'pilot' didn't sound Australian?

(Apologies if I have it wrong.)

Cls

bonvol
22nd Oct 2005, 04:33
You are right cheklapsap.

We have our own heroic gentlemen from 89 on the A330. Foreign and Ozmates. I'm sure they would all be willing to save the day once more if called on. Only for the family of course!

The Pirate
22nd Oct 2005, 04:51
OK I have taken off my Pirate costume; underneath was the clown suit I usually wear.

Calligula, I think you may find that many of the SIM instructors in MEL are on our side. That is if sides are to be drawn; I would prefer that we were all on the same side working toward the same goal. That is the survival of Q in an increasingly competitive market.

In fact I believe that most of us ARE on the same side, it is just the usual vocal minority that hurl useless abuse at anyone that seems to be rocking the boat.

But go ahead Calligula and others, abuse away, it wont do any good. Why not try and channel your energies into more fruitful pursuits?

The Pirate Clown

Guptar
22nd Oct 2005, 05:05
Give it a rest calligular, its soooooo damn boring. I wasnt even born in 89. Would I too be classed as a hero if I managed to get a job at deathstar??

Sick and bloody tired of this crap being dreged up year after year. I bet there will be walking stick fights in the old age homes in the future over this issue. Most of us coudnt give a flying phuck about events which will soon be 20 years ago.

L G Cooper
22nd Oct 2005, 05:14
Ahhh Calligula. You poor, angry, frustrated sod.

You're "from" 36Sqn and one would have to assume that you joined the airlines pre '89 for your spray to have any validity. You're hanging on, in both cases, to more pleasant times - alas they are part of your past and that of many others. I pity you not only not being able to acknowledge that is so, but also out of that disapointment you seek to bore the rest of us with your petulant maledictions.

Jetstar, and the business principles on which it and airlines of its kind are based, is the way of the future and of this I think you should be very afraid. Change management for you is quite a difficult issue to embrace as would be forming new working relationships. The era of the obscenely well paid airline pilot is drawing rapidly to a close as aircrew salaries have their turn in the dock to justify their existence. The global trend has indicated that their defence will be found wanting.

You're going to need more than the philosophy in your post above to get you through the next few years with your health intact.

LGC

:ok:

bonvol
22nd Oct 2005, 05:57
Guptar, if your post is legit then you are a 15 year old teenager or younger.

Your opinion will carry some more weight if you had a clue. This will come in time...maybe.

Calligula
22nd Oct 2005, 07:52
Right you clowns - get this.

I was not referring to '89. I was however, referring to the 'new heros' of JQ aust.

Men, who having failed selection for every airline in the free world, will get a job flying a jet the only way they know how - by undercutting everyone else.

As far as the statement "he era of the obscenely well paid airline pilot is drawing rapidly to a close as aircrew salaries have their turn in the dock to justify their existence. The global trend has indicated that their defence will be found wanting. "

is absolute krap given the amount of money the airline is making and the propensity for wasting money and bad decisions the current QF board has shown.

QF has made record profits given thecurrent mainline pilot wages, it will continue to do so regardless - so dont spout company propaganda rubbish to me old son.

regardsless of my opinions the point of this thread is that JQ international training has now commenced and is a fact.

This means that the boards decision in JQ international has been made and the pilots have been decided upon.

vote accordingly in the EBA

The Pirate
22nd Oct 2005, 08:59
"Men, who having failed selection for every airline in the free world, will get a job flying a jet the only way they know how - by undercutting everyone else."[COLOR=skyblue]

Simply not true Calligula, there are many ex- TAA and ex Ansett, and ex other "airlines in the known world" before they were Impulse/Jetstar. ie Gulf Air, SIA, SilkAir, Vietnam Airlines, Eva, Saudia, Air China, Emirates, MAS .... to name just a few.

Where have you worked Calligula? The sheltered workshop?

The Pirate Clown.

RAD_ALT_ALIVE
22nd Oct 2005, 09:04
Caligula, you sick, stupid, lazy, s**t stirrer.

Sick? Cause you choose to call Jetstar pilots s***s.

Stupid? Cause you either choose to fail to see the 'new' way, or are just too plain stupid to understand.

Lazy? Cause a simple call to the sim centre people would enlighten you as to the real reason why Jetstar are using the A330 sim.

S**t stirrer? Cause this is the forum you choose to air this stuff in, instead of calling AIPA, flight ops management, etc to uncover the truth.

The reason JQ are using the '330 sim, you ask? Because the Alteon sim doesn't have GPS, while the '330 does. Simple as that.

So...if one were to rename your vitriolic post to more accurately convey the facts, it'd be, "Jetstar uses A330 sim for GPS training - no wind up".

Then everyone would yawn at the utter boredom of it all, and continue to look for interesting and informative posts.

You insult the 'impulse' pilots by insinuating that they weren't able to get through any other interview process! Some of the 'impulse' guys have worked with some quite well respected airlines, and have simply chosen to come home. Any 'new' jetstar pilots will have gone through the same process as mainline pilots. So you're wrong on that count too.

So who's the 'hero' now?

Why not show the courage of your convictions and re-post on Qrewroom so those with access can find out who you really are?

:yuk:

amos2
22nd Oct 2005, 09:39
...isn't it great to see ozzie pilots united again after the 89'debacle??!

gliderboy
22nd Oct 2005, 09:40
I thought a s***b was someone who took someone else's job when they were in dispute with the company through formal action ie strike or similar.

I fail to see how new Jetstar pilots can be labelled accordingly using the above definition.

I personally do not advocate fragmented unions and Geoff Dixon's methods but me thinks the language used at this point at this time a bit strong and a bit harsh.

What say ye reasoned other ppruners?

Gliderboy

And Callig.... r u really ex 36 Sqn cos if you are then you are an embarrassment to us!!

Australia2
22nd Oct 2005, 11:15
Calligula you ignorant clown,

Your sheltered, institutionalised path to date really shows through in your posts. It's a big world out here as you will find out the hard way.

Oz2

The Edge's Guitar
22nd Oct 2005, 11:56
Ahh Calligula, finally exposed yourself for the moron you are. Classic!! So stupid the way you set yourself up. Next time research your baseless theories please. By the way, never applied for mainline and have no need to. Told you in a previous post to be careful cause i may be your captain one day and will make you carry my navbag everywhere with a jokers hat on your head. The sooner you realise we are better to unite will be the day I may show some sympathy to w@n#ers like yourself:yuk:

Uncle Festa
22nd Oct 2005, 12:08
Calligula - looks like you've been a galvanising force in uniting the pilot fraternity!!!

Congratulations.

:D :D :} :} :}

Calligula
22nd Oct 2005, 12:12
Edge.

You'll be smoking my pole before the day comes when I am carrying your nav bag you peanut.

See you out there scab

Woomera
22nd Oct 2005, 15:35
Here we go again............ :mad:

*click*

Woomera