PDA

View Full Version : How bad are iberia?

hippocrates
21st Oct 2005, 19:35
Due to fly long haul with Iberia. Are they as bad as friends suggest?:rolleyes:

malagajohn
21st Oct 2005, 21:23
They're better than they used to be - the a340 fleet is fine except for the lack of ife in the back of the bus

up the front they're not as good as ba or other european airlines

a couple of nice words in Spanish to the azafatas should set you up for the flioght

manintheback
21st Oct 2005, 21:32
Well from recent trips to Malaga from Milan via Madrid and Barcelona - Pretty damn good. Every flight on time, short connections made, friendly CC let down by garbage food (all biz class flights). Hope this carries over to long haul for you.

David Roberts
21st Oct 2005, 22:30
Last and only time was LHR - Madrid, booked BA got Iberia, on eve of Attocha bombing 10 March 04 (hotel 400m from it !).

Cabin service was totally amateur - they never completed the service in the flight (got about 1/2 way down the cabin) because pax had to pay and CC could not cope with the transactions - cash, credit cards etc. Hopeless. Added to which the food fare was not worth paying for !

A/C fine - new Airbus I recall. On time. No loops or chandelles en route.

23rd Oct 2005, 04:31
I flew short haul with Iberia on the MD80. Aircraft had seen cleaner days and had a strange rotten, musky smell to it. Long haul on the A340-300 was ok. No IFE in the back as mentioned before, but that gives you a chance to catch 40 winks. Also, no information about the flight, en-route weather etc etc from the cockpit, long haul or short haul. Only a bad thing if you are interested in that sort of thing.
Inter european flight was bang on time and the inter continental flight was delayed by an hour because some pax decided to jump ship at the last minute and they had to remove said pax's luggage.

Was a cheap ticket though, so I cant really complain.

Halfa Daily
26th Oct 2005, 06:55
Iberia are only beaten in the "worse airline" stakes by China Northern in my experience - flown a fair few around the world. Have flown short and long haul with them in the last year, both were dreadful.

Have to be the rudest staff on the planet; from inflight staff to customer services in Madrid.

HD

PS Before you ask.....they are beaten by China Northern only because I, and 2 others, had to stand for take off because my seat was covered in hand luggage flying internally in China - was the same MD80 that crashed a year or so back.

GLAcabincrew
26th Oct 2005, 09:50
Very bad. I fly them fairlyregularly (BA codeshare - always try to fly BA but get IB!!!!) LHR-MAD as my fiancee is from Mdrid. The food is expensive and inedible (even FR supply edible food in comparison!) on my last flight they refused to supply galley tap water to my fiancee and TOLD her to buy a bottle at euro 1.50. CC VERY VERY rude!!!!

paulc
28th Oct 2005, 11:51
Flew China Northern (now part of China Southern) 3 weeks ago on 2 internal flights - found them to be fine - even the meal was ok.

On the same trip also flew Air China, China Southern, China Eastern and Shanghai Airlines - all fine with friendly crew, served hot meals on over half the 11 internal flights which is more than you would get here.