PDA

View Full Version : Relocating for Ryanair

NordicJetSet
21st Oct 2005, 15:22
I'm considering joining Ryanair as cc. It would mean that I'd have to move to another country (don't know which yet :hmm: ). Is there anyone here that would've been in the same situation? Did you get any assistance in finding place to stay etc.? Any comment on the subject is appreciated...

I know that Ryanair is not the best airline to work for, but at the moment it would seem the reasonable choice.

FormerRYANAIRgirl
15th Nov 2005, 15:13
I worked for Ryanair last year and we were all told we would have to move abroad but it wasnt the case!

They dont help you at all if you do relocate! at the end of our training the trainer gave us the local newspaper and told us "to get on with it!"

plus training cost £1500! And a year on everyone that i have trained with have left! In training you have an exam everyday where you have to get over 85% or else they throw you off the training course! and they dont give you a refund neither!

so think real hard before you even think of applying- coz if your ill for more than 4 days as well they sack you- i shud know!
I had internal bleeding which needed surgery and they sacked me for "always being late" which everyone knew it was coz i was ill for a while!

plus you dont stay over nite anywhere! u have 25 minute turn around where u have to clean the cabin do security checks and so u end up doing 4 sectors and then the nxt day the same thing all over again!

NordicJetSet
16th Nov 2005, 17:54
Thanks for the reply!

Actually I just got invited to an inteview, but I turned it down. The only reason that I considered working for Ryanair, is that I would get some cabin crew experience which would help me to get a job with another airline. I've had problems with applying to other airlines (don't fill all the requirements etc.). Now I'm just staying on the ground and hoping that something good will come up :).