PDA

View Full Version : Virgin CC Uniform Colours

speeddial
21st Oct 2005, 10:30
First time on Virgin Atlantic this week, just wondered what all the different combinations of cabin crew uniform meant? Simple things/simple minds etc. Red skirt, white skirt, red blouse, white blouse, black blouse etc. It was a long flight...:O

SkySista
21st Oct 2005, 10:32
IIRC, red for 'normal' crew, white is for inflight beauty therapist, black shirt for cabin supervisor? (Stand to be corrected.....) :}

speeddial
21st Oct 2005, 12:30

blueloo
21st Oct 2005, 13:02
Inflight beauty therapist....ha....surely you jest!

SkySista
21st Oct 2005, 15:46
blueloo, no I'm not kidding, VS have inflight therapists. They have the white uniform, I guess the same as many beauty therapists wear white on the ground... (on their web site it says they are currently recruiting for these positions, by the way...)

Check it out here:
.VS Beauty Therapist Criteria (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/au/allaboutus/workingforus/jobprofiles/beautytherapist.jsp)

It's not such an uncommon thing for airlines to use colour as a way of distinguishing position... e.g. Singapore with the 'standard' blue/yellow uniform and then the blue and 'red' versions for more senior crew. I think Thai does it too.

Rescue 137
21st Oct 2005, 15:47
You mentioned Red Blouse? There isnt one if Im right.The Red Uniform is the Normal Cabin Crew.White is the Inflight Beauty Therapist for use by Upper class passengers.The black blouse is the cabin supervisor.Must admit I like the white one most but they all good.

SkySista
21st Oct 2005, 15:58
Rescue, yes that is what I meant by red, as in red uniform for 'normal' crew not a red blouse. sorry :O

I think the VS uniform is very stylish, I don't think there is many that it wouldn't look good on, and the purple touches are a nice change from 'airline' type colours :p