PDA

View Full Version : Ozmates killed in Namibia 210 prang

Woomera
21st Oct 2005, 09:52
From another of our mods;

Ozmates killed in Namibia 210 prang
Sad news - two Ozmates were killed in a Cessna 210 prang in Namimia yesterday - one of the pilots was xxxxxxxxxx- a Kiwi well known in the Cairns and Darwin GA scene.
I don't have the other guy's name but he's an Aussie - the newspaper article is here http://www.republikein.com.na/- unfortunately it's in Afrikaans & as it's a newspaper the link will only be around for a day but it basically says the guys were conducting a survey flight with a full tank of gas & somehow whacked the ground. Not sure how you want to post this but I'm sure a number of Ozmates would like to pass their condolences.

I am not sure whether the family have been notified yet so I will leave the name for the moment.

PM me if you have a need to know.

SkySista
21st Oct 2005, 10:04
Not another one....! :(

I don't personally know those involved (I know i don't) but I certainly know how it feels to be on the receiving end of such news... was also a 210 in that case... :(

Sincere condolences to family, friends, and workmates...

RIP

Otis B Driftwood
21st Oct 2005, 10:39
Yeah it's a F_____g tragedy......

I had a couple of quiet beers with the Kiwi Character just a week or two before he left for Africa...... and only recently got an e-mail from him telling me how much he was enjoying the adventure.

A real loss.... I sure won't forget my times with him!!! And I'm sure that those who have worked with him won't forget him in a hurry either;) ;) ;)

The Bloke had a heart of Gold!!!!!

RIP Mate:ok: :ok: :ok:

WangFunk
21st Oct 2005, 15:19
I am an aussie in Namibia and I had the Kiwi around just a week before this accident for a bbq or 'braai' as they affectionately call it here. It was the first time I had met him. I must say he was a pleasant character, loved the bbq and won quite a few hearts that evening with his natural charm. Was going to invite him again this weekend, im sure he will be there inspirit.

Rest in peace mate!!!!

Life is too short :cool:

low volume
22nd Oct 2005, 12:21
We had some great times with you in DN and at the track.I am sure the boys are all having a few beers tonight in your honour. You will be sadly missed!!!!!! May you soar high above the clouds for ever!
Keep Living The Dream
:{

the wizard of auz
22nd Oct 2005, 12:30
Did he have a pprune username?.

GTP
22nd Oct 2005, 14:46
The Aussie from perth Ian Paynne.
i knew him and flew survey with him many years ago. great guy. very experienced. sad to hear of the loss.
glad i fly 737 now!!!

Woomera
22nd Oct 2005, 15:21
Wiz. Dougs traded on PPRuNe as notutae but had only made one or two posts.

Woomera

the wizard of auz
22nd Oct 2005, 22:35
Bugga. sympathy to those that knew Ian and Doug.

Pole Vaulter
22nd Oct 2005, 23:37
Is the Dougs the guy that did some instructing at Gil Layets at Archerfield

low volume
23rd Oct 2005, 01:02
No. Doug's worked in the NT and North Queensland for the last 5 years or so.

pantyripper
23rd Oct 2005, 01:39
If anyone wants Dougs family details etc, then if you dont have just PM me. He was a great bloke that lived life to the fullest.

Funeral scheduled for 1st Nov in Feilding NZ, I hope to attend, so anyone that wants any words said forward onto me or his family at his brothers email address; [email protected]
His family will appreciate it.

m-dot
23rd Oct 2005, 02:03
Old Mate Tiger McFlugal

Cant believe you have left us.

With great sadness and a heavy heart I relive so many great times we shared;.
Latino groove school
Maningrida booze ups
Nights out at 'the vuc' (The Vic Hotel)
Trying to set you up with Luzzie (Lizzie)
to name just a few.

You lived life to the fullest and didnt know any other way.

Rest in Peace old mate. You live on in our memories forever.

lackov
23rd Oct 2005, 13:43
R.I.P Dougs.....

Thoughts are with you and family....

Tempo
24th Oct 2005, 04:38
Tragic!

I worked with Dougal up in Darwin. He was without doubt a guy who had a huge heart and lived life to the max. He was one of those blokes who would do anything for you. Very sad news.

halfhardt-6
2nd Nov 2005, 22:28
I lived in DN when Dougs was there and shared many a beer with him and the rest that cherished/enjoyed his company.
I did ATPL's in Maroochydoore with him and we joked about giving up aviation to sell crack!(seemed easier and better paying) I wish now that we had.
You will be sadly missed.
Good bye my friend and good tailwinds to you.