PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada and Glasgow

goldeneye
21st Oct 2005, 09:20
Does anyone know if Air Canada have dropped there summer only service from Glasgow to Toronto, as there is no sign of it on there website schedules. Maybe Zoom, Thomas Cook and Air Transat have taken there toll on AC's flight.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
21st Oct 2005, 09:42
Probably as it isn`t summer anymore, they usually finish mid October as they have also done at Manchester due to weather in Canada being quite cold as of October

G-I-B

LGWAlan
21st Oct 2005, 11:45
Reported in this week's TTG that it won't come back next summer either. MAN service is not commented upon.

Skipness One Echo
21st Oct 2005, 14:42
AC842 / 843 was offered for next summer on the BAA site but has been removed. Oh well, 50 years of service come ton end thanks to the STAR ALLIANCE codeshare. "Ah we can fly them through London-row with bmi!"

MarkD
21st Oct 2005, 15:39
Skipness One Echo

I would not panic just yet.

AC this year removed their seasonal summer schedules over the winter (like DUB/SNN) but it was thought at the time that this was to avoid overcommitting. The services did return.

AC's long haul fleet is a mixed bag of 345s, 343s, 333s, 763s and 762s, some of the latter 20+ years old and pulled from the desert. With the delay to the 777 order AC have been casting around for more 767/340s to fill gaps.

Skipness One Echo
22nd Oct 2005, 13:20
It seems that Air Canada's yields have been hammered by Zoom / Transat / MyTravel / Thomas Cook and whereas Manchester is OK for next summer, Glasgow has been dropped I am afraid.

MarkD
22nd Oct 2005, 22:10
skipness

aw b@ll@x. Well, I suppose AC are finding out some people do like to travel in the winter and Zoom/TS are accomodating them, and that gets remembered when summer rolls round.