PDA

View Full Version : 8 Fat Pax To The Front Please - Did I really Say That?

rjops
21st Oct 2005, 08:48
From the Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=365897&in_page_id=1770

As a rather 'rotund bar steward' - (keep me away from the pies), I can only begin to imagine the conversation with the flight deck that prompted it and the merciless ribbing it would have prompted.

What is the most embarrassing message you have made / heard?

DELTABOY
22nd Oct 2005, 12:17
Mmm....I find this rather hard to believe, especially when the person who reported the story is a '24 stone' postman. I mean how many 24 stone postman do you see about, if they haven't already kealed over with a coronary!:hmm:

To answer your question about embarrasing cabin announcements onboard, I always think about the one where I anounced. " Ladies & Gentlemen Welcome onboard your flight to ........, At this time we would ask you to please take your seats as quickly as possible, The Captain advises me that he has a very tight slot!! It always got a bit of a giggle or a cheer (especially on those unsavory night charters), even though I said it in all innocence.:O

TightSlot
22nd Oct 2005, 19:55
At this time we would ask you to please take your seats as quickly as possible, The Captain advises me that he has a very tight slot!! It always got a bit of a giggle or a cheer (especially on those unsavory night charters), even though I said it in all innocence
I don't get it? :confused:

sinala1
23rd Oct 2005, 01:34
TightSlot take your mind to the gutter, then a little lower (ie below the waist possibly in between the *ahem* cheeks) and the picture may become clear...

:E

Wyler
23rd Oct 2005, 13:27
Landing back at Brize after a 15 hour flight from the Falkland Islands.

Captain.

'Welcome back to Brize Norton everybody. The local time is 0745 and the wetather is warm and bright. By the way ladies, you are all ugly again. Thankyou.'

Farmer 1
23rd Oct 2005, 13:36
sinala1,

You failed the irony course, I see.

Flying_Sarah747
23rd Oct 2005, 21:10
I HATE having to ask the 'heavier' passengers to show me their seatbelts when it's hidden under their bellies!!! Or asking them if they need an extension seatbelt when you can see they can't do their belt up!!!:O

EI-CFC
23rd Oct 2005, 22:05
Or asking them if they need an extension seatbelt when you can see they can't do their belt up!!!

I really wouldn't be embarassed about this. I've needed them, and I've been really impressed when a member of the cabin crew (discreetly) came to my assistance without asking. Discretion and understatement are the key (I've also experienced CC who make a Greek tragedy out of the experience, which is just silly).

Indeed, I know of someone who didn't even know such a thing existed as an extension and was too embarassed to fly because they were afraid of what might happen!

aaaaa
24th Oct 2005, 12:27
It is a pity that it is not possible for those that need them to be able to buy extensions. Obviously they have to be up to the airline required standard but it would avoid any embarrasment to either passenger or CC.

A friend of mine was actually given one from an airline's flag carrier and it has saved him a lot of grief. His main complaint is that he is unable to use the trays in either economy or business class as they will not come down properly. I don't suppose there is an answer to this problem but on one long haul flight he was so embarrassed that he had nothing to eat for the entire journey.

aa

Tudor
25th Oct 2005, 09:51
A colleague of mine was manning the over wings during boarding when a lady approached with a rather obvious limp. Naturally she decided she wanted to sit at the overwing (as do all the people who shouldn't be sat there - kids, obese, elderly etc - the perils of free seating!) and my colleague informed her she wasn't able to sit there. "WHY?", she demanded. Caught off guard and slightly flustered, he uttered the first thing that came into his head, "Cos you've got a dodgy leg!". "A DODGY LEG! A DODGY LEG! HOW DARE YOU!"

At this point I slunk back into the rear galley and left my hapless workmate to deal with his new found friends...

TFlyguy
25th Oct 2005, 17:34
Rumour has it that the passenger who went to the press phoned TFly first asking for money for the "trauma" he underwent!

Rumour also has it the 1 of the Cabin Crew who was on the flight is thinking of suing for libel!

EI-CFC
25th Oct 2005, 21:51
Rumour has it that the passenger who went to the press phoned TFly first asking for money for the "trauma" he underwent!

Dear (insert deity of choice here). There just aren't words..:rolleyes:

grimmrad
26th Oct 2005, 15:21
from aaaaa "I don't suppose there is an answer to this problem"
(sorry, did not yet figure out how to quote automatically)

There is an answer to his/her problem. Might not be an easy and quick one to do and it needs a lot of determination but it is possible. And it also is quite a boost to life-expectancy...

wingman863
26th Oct 2005, 16:10
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed. And dont you just know that the fat b*****d reads the sun and probably rang claimsdirect. :E

speeddial
27th Oct 2005, 08:15
Obviously a sore point for thin passengers this:

The Times (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,173-1844237,00.html)