PDA

View Full Version : Scotia & Bristows Private Forum

100%RPM
6th Jun 2001, 21:54
There have been many suggestions about setting up a private forum for Scotia & Bristows pilots.

It could be a nice 'first step' to get people together in all the subjects we are concerned about (No. 1: payrise).

We would need a minimum number of people willing to actively use it. We will be able to achieve this if we put both workforces together.

If you're interested, just drop a line in this thread.

Let's put our heads together :)

roundwego
6th Jun 2001, 22:49
seconded

stikker
6th Jun 2001, 23:47
I think its a great idea

EFATO
7th Jun 2001, 02:10
I agree

morning shuttle
7th Jun 2001, 02:13
go for it

Doc Cameron
7th Jun 2001, 02:43
Good Idea!

the_toolman
7th Jun 2001, 03:02
Great idea. Go for it.

If we promise to take our overalls off first can the Engineers join in too ?

[This message has been edited by the_toolman (edited 06 June 2001).]

HOGE
7th Jun 2001, 04:11
I'm in.

COLLECTIVE FRICTION
7th Jun 2001, 12:06
Nice one !

Silver-Fox
7th Jun 2001, 12:07
Count me in, it's a great idea....

Speedwing
7th Jun 2001, 13:30
This sound a good idea but who is going to "police" the forum, i.e. ensure only bona-fide employees get to have their say? Also, it will only be a few who will have their say on the forum as many employees (perhaps the ones who need to be targeted for action purposes?) either do not have computers, are not aware of Pprune, or like many who are, have said that never go to Pprune because they are fed up of only reading moans and groans and exorbitant ideas for actions that will never take place due to the apathy of the work force at both companies!

Pprune is only a small piece of getting a message across. There has to be a way of getting the message to all staff of the problems that they will have to face in the future if they do not get their act together this year. Blow it this year and you probably will not have a chance like this for several years to come. The message has to be got across by all means possible.

Anybody thought of doing mail shots for each company? Still more effective that Pprune or e-mail at the moment!

chopperman
7th Jun 2001, 13:59
Speedwing, I couldn't agree more. The message has to be got across to the majority not just the few. We should all spend more time canvassing our fellow workers, be it at home or in the workplace. We must get it right now, next year WILL be to late as we will have lost the impetus. If a forum will help, then so be it, however, I doubt that enough people from Bristow or Scotia visit Pprune to make it effective.
Keep fighting for better pay and conditions.

Chopperman.

Tuckunder
7th Jun 2001, 16:59
Yes any forum is good especially if it can encourage a united front. However, the real effort should come from BALPA, sadly with a declining membership in my company, BALPA is becoming a toothless tiger. Come on guys rejoin the union, lose that apathy, let your vote be known in ballots and let's take advantage of this unique situation they don't come very often.

huey
7th Jun 2001, 18:52
Hi All,
Not quite along the lines of the thread but can anybody help me in tracking down an old friend.
John Rawlings I belive he worked for Bristows Maybe Nigeria nowadays,
any help appreciated.

Nick

HOGE
7th Jun 2001, 20:14
I'll pass your email on to John.

huey
7th Jun 2001, 20:29
HOGE
Many thanks

Nick

elpirata
7th Jun 2001, 23:33
count me in too !

------------------
elpirata

Pat Gerard
8th Jun 2001, 00:04
Very good idea. We do need something to show we can be united. No matter what some can say, at least it is a start. Go for it.

finalchecksplease
8th Jun 2001, 00:16
Count me in as well

100%RPM
8th Jun 2001, 01:15
It seems the idea is getting some real support.

Please, print out this thread and stick it on the notice board wherever you are (Bristow, Scotia / Aberdeen, Norwich, Humberside, Scatsta, etc)

Let's encourage people to log-in, and keep informed the old fashion ones that are not on the internet.

We have just a few weeks to get together and be a united front.

100%RPM
8th Jun 2001, 01:29
It seems the idea is getting some support.

Please print out this thread and stick it on the notice board wherever you are (Bristow, Scotia / Aberdeen, Norwich, Humberside, Scatsta, etc).

Let's encourage people to log-in, and keep informed the old fashion ones that aren't on the internet.

We have just a few weeks to get together and have a united front!

tell
8th Jun 2001, 05:17
Great idea! Twenty hots in less than 24 hours! I've been to a few BALPA meetings and didn't see that many pilots :)

pitchlink
8th Jun 2001, 11:32
GREAT IDEA!! I'm in. One of many ways we can show a united front across the industry!

thechopper
8th Jun 2001, 15:34
Count me in. We'll have my support.

still thinking
8th Jun 2001, 16:53
Nice one. But lets not spend all our energy and let off steam within our own little group. Lets use this forum to come up with a united front and claw back some of the profits that the oil companies and our companies are making.
United pilots? Is it possible?

vertalop
8th Jun 2001, 17:43
Excellent idea! However don't exclude us outsiders who need to compare deals so as to decide which company to join!

thechopper
8th Jun 2001, 19:27
What about a meeting of as many bodies as possible on the evening of the next paytalks at BHL which I presume takes place on Monday 11th at the Thistle to demonstrate in public that we can unite? Ideal for BALPA to publicise the proposals.

100%RPM
9th Jun 2001, 01:12
OK. While we keep organising the forum, let's follow the idea 'thechopper' has.

BHL-BALPA negociations will take place on Monday 11th at BHL. So, it won't be an easy place for Scotia pilots to go.

Now, the options we could have for the crucial SCOTIA & BRISTOW MEETING are:

1. Monday 11th, 18:30 hrs at the Thistle Hotel. (as proposed by 'thechopper')

2. Wednesday 13th, 18:30 hrs at the Thistle Hotel.

Due to the time factor, I'd go for the second one (Wednesday).

We can expect more than 100 pilots to be there provided that the PPruNe users encourage the rest of the workforce at BHL and Scotia to go.

Drop a line to let us know if you're happy with Wednesday 13th - 18:30 at the Thistle, or you have a better idea.

Summer 2001: use it or lose it. :)

Happy flight

t4 rising
9th Jun 2001, 02:22
Definately interested in a private forum
when and where?

Attila
10th Jun 2001, 01:51
still thinking has the right idea. However, it would be very easy for everyone to get carried away with the idea for a new forum. Let us NOT lose sight of what we seek, I.E the projection of a united front by ALL pilots on the North Sea to both major companies.

What seems like a good idea now might just pall a little in the cold light of day.

Rameses III
10th Jun 2001, 23:55
OK but who is the guy who will know everyone's identities? Obviously someone will have to moderate the forum and that person will need to make sure that only those pilots who are eligible get in to it. We'll also need to know the moderators identity so we can trust him.

So what we're looking for is a reliable upstanding and trustworthy member of the aviation community. I'd nominate myself but unfortunately I don't wish to lose my anonymity.

100%RPM
11th Jun 2001, 03:09
I've been in touch with PPRuNe Administrators, and once their server is updated, they'll be happy to give us a forum.

Once I know the details about the set up, and how to check that forum applicants really do work for the company in question without risking anonymity, I let everyboty know.

Grenadetosser
14th Jun 2001, 01:49
Hey, what about retired/former BHL/BIH/Scotia/Bond pilots who still like to keep an eye on the industry? Do we get a look in if you go private?

Rameses III
14th Jun 2001, 14:19
No offence Grenadetosser but if I'm to be involved in such a Forum then it'll have to be current employees only. If people leave either company then quite simply they get kicked out.
What's the point of having a private forum if you let the ex employees in? There must be thousands of them working for the airlanes, retired and elsewhere. It won't be very private if you gave them all access.
Also if this forum is to be what I think it'll be then matters discussed in it shouldn't be available to people who are now outside the industry. I think we should also ban contract pilots because they have their own agenda anyway.

thechopper
14th Jun 2001, 15:28
Well said Rameses. I agree 100%.

Taff Missed
15th Jun 2001, 00:03
Will mere engineers be allowed into the BHL/Scotia private forum or we just talking NS pilots?

------------

If it aint broke.......(have to think of a new by-line, some bloke pinched this one)

Rescue1
15th Jun 2001, 10:38
Will all Aircrew In Bristows and Scotia be welcome on this Private Forum or will it be open to just Pilots.
Rescue1

[This message has been edited by Rescue1 (edited 15 June 2001).]

400 Hertz
15th Jun 2001, 11:21
As far as I can see, it will just end up with the two lots of Pilots slapping each other on the back, moaning about their 40% pay rises and how the foot and mouth disease has wiped out the profits from their country estates.

Don't we get that already in Rotorheads?

thechopper
16th Jun 2001, 02:38
399 Hertz,
have you got a problem with that. I'll quite happily invite you for a BBQ round to my place ( even pay for the petrol, if you can't afford it) Meet me in the line office next time I sign for an a/c.

Tuckunder
20th Jun 2001, 01:06
100% RPM

How goes the private forum? I await with interest and a certain amount of optimism.

Tuckunder

QM
20th Jun 2001, 11:31
I would be interested in a private forum, but how are you going to vet the applicants?