PDA

View Full Version : Rotorheads everywhere -- I need your help!

Hawk Pilot
5th Jun 2001, 21:34
Hey All,

I am an HH-60G Pave Hawk instructor pilot in the US Air Force stationed in Las Vegas, Nevada. I am working towards fulfilling the requirements for a Master of Aeronautical Science degree with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. One of my degree requirements, actually the capstone project, is the completion of a Graduate Research Project (GRP). I've chosen to do mine on "Considerations and Safety Implications for Night Vision Goggle Usage in Civil Helicopter Operations." To date I've completed and submitted my GRP proposal to the university for approval and am now continuing with data collection.

I've devised a survey which the folks at the Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) have generously posted online at their website at: http://www.alea.org/nvg_frame.htm

I'm looking for folks who fly helicopters for a living and who also fly a fair amount at night. (i.e. EMS, Law Enforcement, Off-shore, etc). Prior or current NVG experience is NOT a requirement! If you have 5 minutes of extra time, I'd appreciate it if you would take my survey -- it will help out my project tremendously! Thanks to everyone in advance!

v/r

Bob

MightyGem
6th Jun 2001, 02:44
Done!

HeloTeacher
6th Jun 2001, 03:25
Done

B Sousa
6th Jun 2001, 07:04
Also done.

Random Background Noise
6th Jun 2001, 17:59
Done

Multp
6th Jun 2001, 19:53
Me too.

Ed Winchester
7th Jun 2001, 03:38
Hawk Pilot,

Is it just civilian pilots that you want to complete your survey, or can a Royal Air Force puke throw his two-penneth in?

imabell
7th Jun 2001, 04:34
done

BungleBob
7th Jun 2001, 13:49
Done

Marco
7th Jun 2001, 18:49
Done

Fortyodd
7th Jun 2001, 19:04
Likewise

HeliAviator
7th Jun 2001, 19:49
Its all on your site, email me if you want more details.

trimpot
8th Jun 2001, 13:34
Done

jockspice
8th Jun 2001, 14:01
ditto :)

------------------
Fear God, honour the King!

Hawk Pilot
11th Jun 2001, 03:24
Ed Winchester,

I'm actually looking for civilian guys...my thoughts are that us military guys make our mission more complex (and our lives miserable!) BECAUSE we are using NVGs. The theory behind my research is that NVGs should be used to make the mission civilian helicopter operations less complex. My thoughts only!