PDA

View Full Version : whats happened to airlink in PNG

air med
20th Oct 2005, 03:12
Heard that Airlink In PNG has closed its doors, can anyone fill me on the latest news
air med

Lando Calrissian
20th Oct 2005, 11:58
I sincerely hope for the sake of regional PNG that your information is incorrect. Airlink have survived the past 10 years very difficult years in PNG when other companies such as Islands have fallen by the wayside.

James4th
20th Oct 2005, 12:49
No Not true just come from MAG and the operations are normal. At least as normal as it gets up there:rolleyes:

Wings Of Fury
20th Oct 2005, 14:06
Just a change in a managers job (CEO), no more big balus at this stage.
I know that they will keep loosing pilots on a regular basis if they don't improve there conditions or treatment of pilots, not many stay long, they cant seem to figure it out. Maybe they need to change a few more managers, out with the old! :ok:

air med
20th Oct 2005, 21:55
Which managers have gone, I was with them for 3 yrs and had a great time out of Madang

The Pirate
21st Oct 2005, 01:35
deleted

tinpis
21st Oct 2005, 02:08
Is Madang a war zone now like Lae?

James4th
21st Oct 2005, 04:31
No Tinpis, Madang emi gut pella hap tru. Walk regularly from Madang Club to billet in the middle of the night without any worries. Everyone seems quite friendly but Lae is gone; sunk to the depths. I wont even O/N there anymore. I reckon its worse than POM now.

Jim.

Just corrected the Pigin! :} :}

Woomera

The Pirate
21st Oct 2005, 05:01
deleted

OzExpat
21st Oct 2005, 14:43
Did you actually correct the Pidgin used by James4th, W? If so, I think you missed a few things like :-

1. "pela" has only one "L"... :}

2. it's more usual to run the words "gut" and "pela" together as "gutpela". :p

tinpis
21st Oct 2005, 19:58
Thank you James.
Madang everyones favourite town I guess.
Is John Cheung still there?

(W and OzEx Pidgin? :hmm: surely you mean pisin? :rolleyes:

James4th
22nd Oct 2005, 00:03
Many Cheungs still about; the original John- I am not sure.

And yes it is my favourite place - still!

Lads thanks for the auto-correction service on my pisin- I am afraid it is a bit rusty- just like my good self:p

Jim.

tinpis
22nd Oct 2005, 02:51
:hmm: James old and rusty ? no it couldnt be Big Jim of Air Kokomo fame? :p

OzExpat
22nd Oct 2005, 06:38
I'd actually considered that tin, but figured that someone would want to apply an "auto-correction" to the "s", thereby making it a double "s"... :}

Wings Of Fury
22nd Oct 2005, 11:10
air med, Just one manager, the CEO (the big B) gave a long service, was a fair man to me, and I am still having a great time here :ok:

Cheers.

James4th
23rd Oct 2005, 00:14
"Big Jim of Air Kokomo fame?"

No not I Tinpis. Do not work for Airlink but have mates there; just visiting some old haunts of mine from long time before......

Little Jim.

air med
24th Oct 2005, 02:04
Thanks to all letting me know the state of affairs up there.
Say hello to Kadiko and gilmore for me, I had a great time there.