PDA

View Full Version : N Class Ticket

CWL2YOW
19th Oct 2005, 15:14
I have a query...

I am flying Air Canada, Ottawa to London Heathrow on an N class ticket. I am a bmi Diamond Club member and use these details when flying with the Star Alliance. My understanding was that N class tix do not attract any frequent flyer or status points, that is, until I phoned Air Canada and was told that this is not true for international flights.

However, as I am using my bmi Diamond Club FF card rather than Air Canada Aeroplan FF card, does anybody know whether I will have the FF miles and status points credited to my bmi account?

The bmi website says that FF miles and status points are not applied for N class tix, but as Air Canada says differently and they are both members of the Star Alliance, I am perplexed.

Yes, I will be calling bmi to ask this question (who helpfully don't have an email address to ask such questions) but won't be able to do so for a few days.
Thanks in advance.

edited to make the post more readable

Globaliser
19th Oct 2005, 18:11
With a quick look at the AC and BD websites, it seems to me that you would be able to earn AC (Aeroplan) miles on this ticket if you chose to do so, but you would not earn BD (Diamond Club) miles if that's the frequent flyer scheme you select.

I know they're both in the Star Alliance, but this is far from being the only intra-alliance earning quirk in the world.

agent x
19th Oct 2005, 18:27
You will get the miles for your AC flights credited to your account. The crediting of the miles will be applied as per the fare of the * Alliance member that you are flying with. Air Canadas N class is not the same as BD N class. For example Air Canada L class is equivalent to bmi Q class. They dont mirror each other because each carrier applies their own class indicators to fares and availability in the way that they choose, with the exception of Y and C. If Air Canada say that it is a mile earning fare becuase they have set it up as such then your miles will be credited regardless of which * Alliance card you choose to use.

Hope I havent completely confused you with my rambling!

Agent x:ok:

CWL2YOW
19th Oct 2005, 20:16
No, Agent X, you have not confused me, simply made my day, as this quick trip to the UK will elevate me to Star Alliance Gold status!

I found a 1-800 number to call bmi in Canada (1-800 788 0555) and they confirmed that the FF miles and status points will be applied.

Thanks again.

IanH
19th Oct 2005, 22:25
Talking of Star Alliance ......... have BMI stopped crediting miles to United Mileage Plus now they have introduced 'Baby' fares to and from Heathrow ?

Land After
20th Oct 2005, 10:17
Globaliser is correct

Valid economy class fare codes for AC are:
C,Y,B,H,I,L,M,Q,U,V,O,S: Full Miles
A, P: .5 Miles

If you want the miles from the flight, put them into aeroplan, if they are offering miles.

For the record, all the following UA Codes earn full miles in Diamond Club:
Y,B,H,K,L,M,Q,R,S,T,V,W,Z

It's the rules of the receiving programme that matter, not the equivalence of the fares.

(Source: Diamond Club Website 20/10/05)