PDA

View Full Version : Word Question

Maxflyer
19th Oct 2005, 11:51
I'm using Office XP and in Word I have a document that lists information about a product I sell. The document has a header and footer, but I want to have the words, "Product Data Sheet" running down the left hand side as well. preferably ina large bold font like Arial. Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.
MF

newswatcher
19th Oct 2005, 12:03
maxflyer make yourself a "table", with two columns. Set your text in left-hand column, then FORMAT - TEXT DIRECTION, and you will see what you can do with it!! Product info in right-hand column.

Good luck!:ok:

Maxflyer
19th Oct 2005, 12:14
Thanks newswatcher, tried it but can't get everything to fit correctly! I'm just not very good at this sort of thing!

Genghis the Engineer
19th Oct 2005, 14:31
Alternatively, open the footer, then insert a textbox into the main page (which it will let you do where you want it). Then go back to the main page. The textbox you've inserted will appear on every page of the document.

G

newswatcher
19th Oct 2005, 14:44
Sorry that didn't work maxflyer. I have a document that does this in another way, but it is on a different computer. I may not be able to recover it today. I will have a look and send it to you tomorrow.