PDA

View Full Version : Flyjet

j2o
19th Oct 2005, 09:39
Anyone out there working for Flyjet. Any info on how many long haul trips you get a month, money, and promotion. Do they take on direct entry seniors? Whats the chance of getting a perminent contract after your six months?

Thanks in advance.

janetplum
19th Oct 2005, 11:38
Flyjet have recently taken on direct entry seniors to cope with the forth coming expansion of the airline, with the arrival of a 767 imminent. Pay is is reasonable and comparable to most other charter airlines. As for trips they vary in length from overnighters to a week depending on the route, for example the crew have recently been spending a week at a time in Accra, Ghana. Doesn't sound particularly wonderful I know but the crew enjoy the trips and at the end of the day it's a week in the sun;)

towers00
19th Oct 2005, 12:20
hi to you all.
yes you are right we have just taken on some crew for the new aircraft,however the new aircraft has now been delayed by some time due to the corrosion on the aircraft,theres now talk that the crew they employed for the 767 may now have to be let go,as the 767 they had leased is in to much of a bad state,and it took a very long time to just get that 767.our india trips will be canx til further notice,and to be honest i dont know how much longer the ghana tour operator will put up with the 757 operating this route as last year we had mamoth problems,eg,legroom,baggage space etc.good luck.
there are lots or airlines recruiting at the moment..

skyserver24
19th Oct 2005, 21:12
just wondered where you get your info from regarding the Non delivery of the 767?

My friend who is employed by Flyjet at LGW has recently seen the photos of the 767, outside and in, which has been fitted with a new interior. All the new seats had plastic coverings on them, as did the new carpet. The seats were laid out to a spacious 2/3/2 layout.

The aircraft has also been painted in the flyjet base colours without tittles.

The cabin crew are scheduled to complete their 767 conversion course in November.

All crew have been told Amritsars are delayed due to the slightly late arrival of the new aircraft.

Many thanks.

towers00
20th Oct 2005, 12:54
i hope this is true i really do,i was told this by inside knowledge as i also work foir them but i hope not for to long as applied for ba longhaul and couple of others who are recruiting longhaul to.gud luck
ps..i believe the corrosion is more to do with the frame work of the aircraft,renenber its been operting in african colours alot and sth american its an old aircraft

skyserver24
20th Oct 2005, 16:00
Thanks for your reply.

Seems strange there is another story going around. But the pictures have been seen by my friend and others. Would they really fit a new interior and start to paint an aircraft to then find any deep down problems?

Surely any checks on the aircrafts framework etc are completed early on during its heavy maintenance, which has now been completed?

Crew have been told the aircraft concerned is now going under the final finishing touches.

Hopefully the crew will find out more during their 767 conversion course.

Many Thanks,

towers00
21st Oct 2005, 09:30
i do hope so,cant wait to get on the 767,when it does arrive,to me it doesnt matter when it arrives AN AIRCRAFT IS AN AIRCRAFT,to me working on the jumbo to a 757,there all the same i suppose.

janetplum
21st Oct 2005, 15:33
Well guys the a/c can't be corroded that badly and if it is/was must have been sorted as I know of atleast one cabin crew member who has had changes to roster for Door training, which can only mean that the arrival of the a/c is imminent.

RUMAD
21st Oct 2005, 17:48
Towers00 do you ever give up? All i can say is if u do work for us.........i really hope u leave......because we dont need negative pricks like you in the company! we are getting a 767 ive seen the pics and im sure new and better routes will follow......its just taking time thats all!

upandup
22nd Oct 2005, 17:08
I myself have seen pictures of the new 767 both inside and out. Skyserver you are correct in saying that the seats have their plastic covering on them and the aircraft is painted in the base colours for flyjet. Also i have my 767 door training next week.
I had heard the story about the corrosion but only from the people that usually come out with bull :mad: stories to make themselves look better.
We all know what galley FM is like. Unless its fact, don't listen to it. Negative comments like the new crew losing their jobs do not belong here. Its not true!

DELTABOY
24th Oct 2005, 17:26
Hi Flyjetters! I'm curious to know if anyone has info on where this B-767-200ER originates from.
By the way is Terry & Wendy still there at the helm?
Happy Flying!:ok:

towers00
25th Oct 2005, 12:35
terry is still with us at flyjet based in lgw,however wendy left within a month she had enough of flyjet and returned to air atlanta.

flying chicken 2006
19th Jan 2006, 21:50
are to open a new base in newcastle from the 1st of May and will be recruiting alot of crew!-just thought i would tell everyone just incase your interested!-and want to keep an eye on things! :ok:

med123
24th Jan 2006, 10:03
towers00- yet another negative comment! when are you leaving? hope you are happy which ever airline has the misfortune to recruit you.I hope you can drop the negativity on the way. good luck...............to the new employer!