PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change

Chopperbopper
21st Feb 2000, 01:58
Has anybody done any sightseeing tours in far away foreign lands, or worked for the rich and wealthy minding their jet ranger parked on the bow. The though of waking up to the sounds of the sea lapping at the doorstep, whilst your dressing in the required short sleeved shirt and regulation shorts, appeals to me.

Sorry about that, time to get real for a moment, however I am really interested in working abroad in the sun, but it would seem that all the jobs require a green card. Are there any jobs outside of the USA or are we doomed to immersion suits forever.

I will be interested to hear if anyone has managed to break out into this magical world and if so how you did it. Are the agency’s listed in Flight magazine worth trying or are they a con? What kind of experience do they demand?

Before the cynics attack me, if you don’t try, you’ll never succeed, somebody’s doing it, why not me!!!

helidrvr
21st Feb 2000, 04:03
I know it's a long shot, but keep checking this web site or post your resume there http://www.heliriviera.com/.

In addition to that I can only say that, yes the sun jobs are there - I've got one of them - but like so many things it is mostly a question of being in the right place at the right time. Make a list of all the tropical operators you would like to work for and contact them at regular intervals (once a month?) until an opening comes up somewhere http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

In the mean time you'll have to make do with the local sun tanning salon, I guess :)

Chopperbopper
22nd Feb 2000, 18:20
Thanks for replying helidrvr

Do you have any ideas where to source the information on tropical operators. I've looked in the BHAB handbook, but they only list there members.

I'd love to hear more about your job, can I email you to hear more?

Chopperbopper
5th Mar 2000, 21:05
Within two weeks of deciding I needed a change, I am proud to announce, that after interviews and flight tests I have been employed as a police pilot in the caribbean.

Hopefully I will find a descent ISP on the island and will be able to keep in touch with you all.

Helidrv thanks for your input.

PurplePitot
7th Mar 2000, 01:15
Well Done ChopperBopper!! Now we're all jealous!!