PDA

View Full Version : easyjet info

galleygirlAPU
18th Oct 2005, 15:41
hi everybody, i work as cabin crew for an italian airline and since i know easyjet will soon open a base in milan, i'd like to have some information about training, company, contract etc.
please help me!
many happy landings

Getoutofmygalley
18th Oct 2005, 21:05
Hi galleygirlAPU

Go to http://www.easyJet.com and click on the 'About us' link which is on the orange strip at the bottom. On the next screen click on 'Jobs' on the menu on the right hand side of the screen. You will then be able to read the 'official' details of the job.

All easyJet employees are employed on a UK contract (unless they are working for easyJet Swiss which is under the Swiss AOC) and therefore are paid in pounds sterling into a UK bank account - this can be a problem if you are working in a base located outside of the UK.

Training is carried out at the 'easyJet Academy' which is a new training facility located at London Luton Airport. It is a 'brand new state of the art facility' that only opened this month. As yet I have not been to the academy, but I have seen very impressive photos of the cabin simulator which is used for evac training. It looked so realistic, you could actually think it was one of the easyJet 737's and 319's cut in half and stuck together! Training takes 4 weeks and covers SEP/SOP & First Aid training, you are also given a little bit of 'self defence' training ( :* ) and some cabin service training. The standard of the trainers and training is excellent, the trainers really do want you to succeed.

When you have graduated and go online, you can expect to be worked like a dog for 6 months, until you have passed your 6 months probation period. This is because when you are on probation you are paid a little bit less than what you earn after passing probation (and therefore are cheap labour!). This has the downside of you not having much free time, but the upside is that you have lots of money (another downside though, is not enough free time to spend it :) )

Once you have passed probation, you usually find your roster becomes a bit more humane, with slightly better rest times and slightly less sectors to fly, but because of the increase in salary and sector pay after passing probation, you won't notice any negative impact in your salary.

easyJet is a great company to work for with great pilots and cabin crew (won't mention management :E ) so I would say to you to 'go for it' and apply and have fun!

galleygirlAPU
24th Oct 2005, 07:35
thank you very much about the info! do u know if cc have to pay for the training course?
ciao!

jettesen
24th Oct 2005, 15:15
OH nooooooooooooooo!!!! thats RYANAIR!!! we have great training, all free too, you even get put up in a hotel for training paid for by the company ( ok its not the nicest hotel, but remember it is luton!!)

Getoutofmygalley
24th Oct 2005, 16:34
Yes as Jettesen says you do not have to pay for your training or for the luxury ( ;) ) accommodation provided for trainees at the Luton Ibis hotel (think Fawlty Towers and Crossroads from the 1960's and you will get the general idea of what this hotel is like :p ) BUT all trainees are bonded for six months.

Basically this bonding means that if you leave easyJet within six months of joining the company, you will have to pay towards your training. I think (not 100% sure, perhaps a new to easyJet person can confirm?) that the bond is £600 and if you left the company in the first month, you pay £600, this bond decreases month by month, so once you have reached the end of your six month probation period, your bond has also expired and you can leave the company without paying anything towards your training.

Personally, considering how much it costs to train a new recruit, provide accommodation and breakfast, a bond of upto £600 is a very fair sum to charge IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE THE COMPANY WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF JOINING :)

galleygirlAPU
24th Oct 2005, 17:54
ok...the fact about not paying the course is veeery good. now even italian airlines have adopted ryanair's style!
do u have any idea about rosters? days off per month? any other stuff? i'm just becoming very excited about the fact that i could be part of the "big orange", since everybody is telling me great stuff about the airline!
more info r welcome
thanx so much
galleygirl

Getoutofmygalley
24th Oct 2005, 18:15
Like I said in my first reply in response to your original post, you can expect to be worked like a dog for the first 6 months of being with the company - this is because you are 'cheap labour' during this time.

Rosters are constructed in a 6 on 3 off pattern, this means that you work for 6 days (usually 3 early duties followed by 3 late duties) and then you have 3 days off. The good thing about this roster system is that you can always work out easily when your days off up months if not years ahead of todays date! :ok:

Your 6 days on would consist of either 2 sector or 4 sector days (you get a mixture in every working week), along with home and airport standby's and contactable duties. Some people say that the 6 and 3 roster system is fatiguing but I personally love it!

Any more questions, feel free to ask :)