PDA

View Full Version : EOS first flight due today

Bumz_Rush
18th Oct 2005, 13:22
has it happened, what load...etc, etc.... Bumz

gatwicknose
18th Oct 2005, 14:50
First flight due to leave JFK tonight....

jack_essex
18th Oct 2005, 20:58
There will hopefully be a news report on the flight arriving tomorrow on my local news. There was one when Continental first landed at STN. Ill let you know if there is. I'd really like to know the loads on the first few flights.

VIKING9
19th Oct 2005, 06:04
ESS2 now ETA STN @ 0727z :ok:

jack_essex
19th Oct 2005, 07:51
Just landed! It touched down at 8.40am. Later than expected but it said on the news there were storms over the Atlantic. I would have gone to see it this morning but thinking it was landing at 7.30am would have been a bit too early for me on my day off.lol

chornedsnorkack
19th Oct 2005, 08:58
Did any of the passengers miss work or connecting flights?

And what were the passenger impressions of service and interior?

bacardi walla
19th Oct 2005, 09:11
chornedsnorkack give them time to get off the plane :uhoh:

blackbox
19th Oct 2005, 09:37
Smart paint job -

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/938171/M/

Smart web site - (there is a link which gives you live status of where the flight is - suspect they get this from acars data!)

jack_essex
19th Oct 2005, 10:03
It just departed STN at 10.50 for its flight back to NYC. Its a really nice paint job. It looks really professional. Can't wait till Maxjet start services too. It said on the Maxjet website they have bought another 2 aircraft, and said they will either fly 3 daily Transatlantic flights, or 2 daily transatlantic flights and start their charter programme. So when Eos start their twice daily STN - JFK routes there could be up to 5 daily New York - Stansted routes. Not bad!

Avman
19th Oct 2005, 10:26
Well, enjoy while you can. Personally, I'm a little pessimistic about it's long term future. 3 months, tops?

jack_essex
19th Oct 2005, 15:06
For some reason it won't let me post the link but there is a news release on the BAA website about the launch of the New York flights. it has statements from the EOS chief executive and from Stansted. Just go to News Releases on the website.

chornedsnorkack
20th Oct 2005, 15:28
How is the legroom on the aisle seats?

Looking at the pictures, there is obviously a gap left between the foot end and the head of the next aisle seat. This is required for aisle access from the window seat - and means the bed must be appreciably shorter than the seat pitch.

carbootking
20th Oct 2005, 18:10
heard the first day 8 pax went out today only 6 went out ?

Avman
20th Oct 2005, 18:49
heard the first day 8 pax went out today only 6 went out ?

Now, I would have thought the first flights at least would have been pretty full with mainly press and industry freebies. At this rate (8 & 6) I think that my 3 month prediction was optimistic!

CargoOne
20th Oct 2005, 22:27
They have 10-staff top management, incl CEO and vice-presidents. Sounds alarming for 1 aircraft operation.

The "normal" fare is not much cheaper than BA, then you have no connections, no network, no FFP.

The fare is more expensive than LH DUS-EWR all-J service, but ok, the cabin comfort is really different.

There is a certain risk of delays/cancellations, much higher than on BA/AA/CO/whoelse.

However they could have a business on selling a "serial" tickets to the companies who have a need in the instant senior staff commuting between LON and NYC.

Amount of funds they have raised for this operation (at least what their website says) sounds quite solid. Unless they spent all of it already on a top-management salaries they should be able to fly an empty airplane for a few month easily.

britflyer
24th Oct 2005, 19:56
I have been dispatching the EOS flights for a few days now and the low numbers are not of any real concern. The official media launch is 26th Oct and the flights upto this date are all being used for cabin crew/flight deck training and to iron out the usual start up problems. The good sign is that they have had a few fair paying pax who have heard and booked to try it and as one pax today said " its cheaper than BA club and the best service ever and on my doorstep" and that was before he even left the EOS lounge.

They have money to cover the first six months flights and they are aiming at the right market....top end and Concorde market (minus the speed...of course). It is also over looked that the company was started in 2003 so this is no fly by night.

I think this lot will go far and will poss outlast Maxjet who seem to have changed there plans at every turn with the latest incarnation being they are now an all buisness class service. They should have stuck to two class as there will always be plenty of people wanting cheap seats to the USA. They also seem to now be carrying cargo which although is a good money earner....its extra hassle in the first 3 months when things will be tight enought.

I wish them both the best of luck but my money is firmly on EOS....the Early Dawn has arrived at STN.

SML

mattcam
25th Oct 2005, 15:35
do you know what the load factors are to date, i tried to book a flight for tommorow, only to se if it was booked or not, and it said no available flights on that day, so it must of been fully booked

EI-CFC
25th Oct 2005, 16:29
do you know what the load factors are to date, i tried to book a flight for tommorow, only to se if it was booked or not, and it said no available flights on that day, so it must of been fully booked

It may be just a case that thier booking engine won't accept bookings for under 24 hours time.

spanishflea
25th Oct 2005, 16:35
Not seen any advertising for Eos yet, but there is a half page Maxjet ad in todays Times which is interesting. Quite professional, and making a big deal of the low business class price + the all business cabin.

STN Ramp Rat
25th Oct 2005, 20:21
I understand the EOS pax load was three today .... 2 non rev and one free ticket I also understand that this is not unusual

still its early days yet

fdgolf
25th Oct 2005, 21:41
Folks, just remember the old said: "to make millions in the airline business, you need to start with billions..."

Wish them luck ;)

bacardi walla
26th Oct 2005, 06:43
Just curious as to why ESS9900 is en-route EGSS at the moment with an ETA of 1009z and the normal ESS2 arrived at 0545z. Is the former a proving flight or is it recovering a tech ESS2 ?

jack_essex
26th Oct 2005, 16:33
Theres a new press release on their website today. It says that today was the first 'official' flight.

britflyer
27th Oct 2005, 08:35
The reasons for the second aircraft arrival on 26th was that:

A/ There will been a spare aircraft based at STN anyway as a standby aircraft incase of tech-probs. I hear this aircraft will rotate out on a revenue flight every 3 days so it also gives them regular down time for mtx on the birds.

B/ It being the press launch they wanted two aircraft there and ai understand that even the fire brigade gotin on the act in squirting some water around for the cameras but I havent seen and pics yet.

Good luck EOS...

SML

G-APDK
27th Oct 2005, 09:29
BritFlyer

Having two aircraft together for the launch was a commendable aim, but it failed I am afraid. The first ("scheduled"?) aircraft departed about 45 minutes before the arrival of the second.

The second aircraft went northside to the old terminal, rather than using the main terminal building.

Good luck to them.

The SSK
27th Oct 2005, 10:31
This illustrates the fundamental problem with small-scale transatlantic ops. One roundtrip occupies an aircraft for a day, with absolutely no leeway if anything goes wrong. History is littered with failed airlines who never grasped this fact (although there was one notable exception - Virgin Atlantic).

EOS have realised that their reputation will not survive a rash of schedule disruptions and have taken the only precaution they can by providing a spare aircraft - one very expensive asset just sitting idle.

A quick calculation would give an annual utilisation figure of about 2800hr/aircraft - industry benchmark for long haul is about 5000.

jack_essex
28th Oct 2005, 11:37
I just checked their website and they are offering a 'buy one get one free' deal if you travel in a certain period. Sounds good but I just hope they will do well.

carbootking
28th Oct 2005, 17:13
heard only 7 travelled today.

PAXboy
29th Oct 2005, 00:27
I think the low numbers are to be expected. Getting the corporates to change their allegiance is VERY difficult. They will want the service to be proven.

To begin with they will get the individuals and small companies and a few from the big companies testing them out. Come back in three months to see how they are doing. I suspect that the answer will be 'not bad but not good'.

I hope that EOS understands that the Brits REALLY like their FFMs.

Bumz_Rush
29th Oct 2005, 16:17
Pax is right....There has to be an incentive to change.....I would love to have been involved in this start up......When we were investigating a similar project FFM were considered as important a consideration, as the fare structure.

"Normal" pax must have the incentive to change....a corporate deal is the only way to put bums in seats...and unless this happens there will be very low load factors.....

Look at the business/first only services that have evolved in recent years...they have all been tied to corporate needs.....

Does anyone in Pprune land think there is a market for a busness version of the LLC.???? serious question, and serious responses only, please..

Bumz (in seats)

gatwicknose
31st Oct 2005, 09:29
Flew with EOS last week and found it a very good experience..A few bits and pcs to iron out, but on the whole a good product at a reasonable price.

Left on time and arrived early...T4 at JFK is an ideal location. Only problem was that we were number 27 for departure at JFK on friday night...this made for a long delay...pretty standard at times in NYC.

There is more to EOS than we all think....long term plans are very exciting...watch this space.

chornedsnorkack
2nd Nov 2005, 08:46
Now someone actually has travelled on Eos - how is the bed length on the aisle beds? (The window beds must be longer, as the aisle beds seem to leave a gap for the window passenger getting out).

gatwicknose
2nd Nov 2005, 09:31
Window seat is fixed length...aisle seat has an adjustment on the ottoman with a 6 inchish movement to increase the length.....as flight wasnt totally full I cant guage the impact of the movement on access to the window seat...great flight though crew were attentive and well informed...so no techno or mechanical issues with the seat or cabin environment...

egnxema
2nd Nov 2005, 15:37
Why were E0003 and E0004 cancelled today?

gatwicknose
10th Nov 2005, 16:13
flight numbers are EO1/2.. sometimes though the spare a/c is used and operated under 9900 no..(as I recall) to my knowlege E)3/4 does not exist...correct me if I am wrong

bacardi walla
19th Nov 2005, 10:51
So how come ESS1 diverted to LTN today? Are their crews CAT1 cleared only ?

thebeehive
19th Nov 2005, 11:21
Hi all,

EOS diverted to LTN due to very low visability at STN.

This wasn't just an issue for EOS, the MaxJet 767 ended up down South at Gatwick (The airport they should be operating from anyway - Not that I am biased you understand) :}