PDA

View Full Version : NZ-Aussie license

mentalmicky
18th Oct 2005, 07:30
Hey there,
just wondering what is involved in converting my kiwi license to an Aussie one. Can anyone recommend where I can do this in the NT. Thanks in advance....

RENURPP
18th Oct 2005, 08:24
I believe you have to start all over again and learn how to fly.

Its should be mainly a paper work exercise. If any actual flying is required I suggest it would be cheaper quicker and less hassle to do it some where down south before heading north to Darwin. There is only one flying school, its expensive, rarely anybody in attendance and then you have to deal with Darwin's RAAF ATC which = delays and lots of $$$$

NZLeardriver
18th Oct 2005, 08:36
Check this out:
http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/download/ttmra.pdf

Sheep Guts
18th Oct 2005, 11:44
If you have a Type rating it should be ok. Not if your going from Australian Typerating to NZ there seems to be a problem. NZCAA arent recognising foreign ratings until they send someone to do each individual course to assess its authenticity. At that rate it will take donkey years for people to get it recognised. I have a US type on A320 which was recognised in by CASA with no problems but not by NZ CAA. I suppose this only affects a small number of applicants so they wont change there policies. Seems a little impracticle but them theres the rules.

I wonder if any other peeps out there have had the same problem as me?

Sheep

solowflyer
18th Oct 2005, 12:08
CPL is no problem just head to casa office fill in the paper work and hand over a couple hundred that simple. Not to sure about PPL.

DeltaT
20th Oct 2005, 00:02
Having just gone through the process myself recently, yes there is a lot of paperwork. Also quite a big change with the introduction of the photo ID. If you are in Australia already some of it will be easier. Doing it from NZ I had to get a Auz lawyer to sign off all the documentation copies. Don't bother with the Consulate that want to charge $30 a signature!
Download the forms from the CASA website, and these will explain more. Form 630 and 790 I think they are.