PDA

View Full Version : Any recognize Flying School at Victoria, Australia by Malaysian Gov.

edvin
18th Oct 2005, 03:17
Hi all,

I just got IT degree lately and i am 21 this year. I thinking of further my education to obtain a flying lesson to become a commercial pilot.

I can't join MAS Cadet Programme as my Bahasa Melayu doesn't fit to their requirement. Hence, i plan to undergo the cadet programme by myself if i can find some financial support. But there's isn't any major planning yet.

Firstly, I would like to know is there any recognise flying school in victoria, australia by the malaysian government? Because of my personal reason, i prefer to be there. that's why i wondering about it.

As i understand, there are popular flying school in perth, queensland, adelaide.. But not too sure about melbourne. Please advice me.

Thank you very much for ur advice later:)

Best Regards,
Edvin

jolly27
18th Oct 2005, 03:45
:cool: :ok:

Hello edvin,

there are no training schools in Victoria, Australia which is recognised by DCA Malaysia. The ones which are recognised are in Adelaide, Sydney and Perth

Please check with DCA Malaysia before you enroll because there will be other requirements as well if you intend to use that license here in Malaysia.

Talk to the inspectors at DCA and get the requirements in writing before starting your course in Australia. Have you tried any of the training schools in Malaysia? It should cut your accommmodation cost abit.

have a jolly time flying

authentic
18th Oct 2005, 04:25
hi there mate,
hurm well you are 21? how bout this, give it a shot for Air Asia until you are say 24 and after that go on pursuing your dream by digging deep in your pocket? how bout that? good deal? if you don't think AA is your cup of coffee, try SIA? by the mean time, get a job experience and at the same time submit your application to AA or SIA.
well that's my 2cent worth

edvin
18th Oct 2005, 04:46
Thanks for your replies guys.

Hi Authentic,

Actually, ur advice is true.. i agreed with you. meanwhile, i am working in a IT company. But this is really not my dream work. haha:)

May be i should apply on every recruitment. But the main problem i am facing is because of my bahasa.. AA still take cadet that doesn't score a Credit in SPM? May be i need to check on that. For ur info, I'm a Art stream student when i was in Secondary school.

The reason that i attempt to join to be a cadet is because i saw the MAS vacancies on cadet and i fit all the requirement but not the bahasa. However, I applied for MAS mid of this year. and they had rejected me due to my bahasa not having a credit...

Perhaps i should try to apply everytime, until i am 24.:)

Regards,
Edvin

authentic
18th Oct 2005, 04:50
hurm,
well it is true that bahasa is important for MAS recruitement, therefore give a shot for AA and SIA. tag along your degree results because that will be much of a help especially you get decent cGPA 3.00 and above.
OR
haha, may sound crazy, resit your SPM BM paper laa..haha,lagi senang what. neways good luck mate

edvin
18th Oct 2005, 04:51
Hi Jolly,

I also think so that victoria doesnt have any recognised school, but i just post it just to confirm again.

Anyway, i just email DCA and ask them about the same question and asking for a list of recognise school in australia.

See how they response to me.. Hopefully will e-mail back to me..

Keep you guys update. Thank you very much

Regards,
Edvin

Hi Authentic,

I think i will check on SIA and AA now... then quickly send out resume and application letter to them...

For resit SPM, This answer is quite interesting.. ahehe:) My spm got a D also i consider very lucky already... The most horrorable exam for me is bahasa.. worst then sejarah(history). A lot of things to study and memorised. Of course, this solution is the cheaper and easier. But really hope that i wont sit for SPM again...

Regards,
Edvin

For AA, currently there isn\'t any cadet pilot recruitment drive. Should i just send it to their email address instead?

Regards,
Edvin

Chrome
18th Oct 2005, 05:23
Hi Edvin,

Since studying and memorizing is a problem for you I suggest you stick to your current job. And you don't get a flying lesson, but a flying license.

Have a nice day.

edvin
18th Oct 2005, 06:07
Chrome,

:) Is not that i don't like to study or memorize... Is just that i am not willing to look back/step back to study bahasa in order that i can choose... In a way, i love to study history.. My sejarah got B in SPM... But not in bahasa.. thats the reason.

Cheers mate.

Regards,
Edvin

freaktrimmer
18th Oct 2005, 08:23
i reckon u can do with some english lessons ... there shud be some schools in VIC which are "recognize" by the malaysian govt ... remember english is the language of aviation .. cheers ...

fhchiang
18th Oct 2005, 10:56
hmm edvin

i'm a 18 yr old malaysia...

doing my South Australian Matriculation in a local college.

well... i rule out the Cadet-Pilot scheme.. i felt that it's a waste of time just waiting 3 months for them to call u up after submitting your application.

BTW... i would like to find out which Australian flight schools are recognized by DCA. because.. i hope when i get my license, i won't have problems converting them to DCA if i shall return and work in Malaysia....

anyway good luck......

aka320
18th Oct 2005, 16:03
there is only MFA(melacca),LATC(langkawi) for CPL and local flying clubs for PPL is recognize by DCA for the issue of license.
you will need to do the convertion if your license is from AUS.

=============================================
well... i rule out the Cadet-Pilot scheme.. i felt that it's a waste of time just waiting 3 months for them to call u up after submitting your application.

if you really think this way,then i can tell you,even you come with your license to apply for job in MAS or AK,you might still need to wait up to years before they take you in.and many is still jobless out there now..

edvin
19th Oct 2005, 05:12
Dear all,

In a way, actually i would hope that i can further my studies and learn more things that i am interested. No point for me to further on IT Masters.. Thats why i guess. the best is to obtain a flying license.. at least, i can ensure myself i am able to work on both industry

:)

Regards,
Edvin

fhchiang
21st Oct 2005, 15:20
aka320

yes.. i;ve thought of that problem....

i'm prepared to work worldwide ....

aka320
24th Oct 2005, 10:16
fhchiang,

only in this website,there is many low hour pilot with type rating of a B737 or A320 are still jobless and i believe everyone of them is ready to work anywhere in the world for a start,but why no airline hired them?
and there is still many who didt join this website are jobless..

if you can spend so much money to train on your own and in the same time you are capable to get a cadetships,then i will ask you to go for the cadet,because you will kick start a pilot career(at least B737 as a start,how many outthere still dreaming of flying one) and after few year which you think you need to move on to other airline,just use the money you suppose to spend on you own to payback the bond and leave.

regards,

7sex7
24th Oct 2005, 14:40
aka320...

ingore fchinnnagaga...small kid,wannabe pilot...thinks that he controls the whole aviation world n wants his way....

People has waited yrs to join cadetscheme...n he is complaining bout 3mths???

wannabe pilot who cANNOTbe???

EDVIN,

my bezt advise....try cadet...esp SQ,since the pay is good compared 2 MH n AA...give it 6mnths,not werking out...still wannabe pilot...go ahead n join any training sckool in MSIA as it will cut down a lot of unnecesssary tears,money n hassle given by the DCA to get ur conversion goin frm an OZ licence....

mind u,it will take anythg from 6mnths to 1 yr to get ur OZ ATPL or CPL converted....for a job after that,wud not be a problem in MSIA for the ex 5 yrs to cum...

good luck

edvin
26th Oct 2005, 01:56
Thks for your advice..:) Thank you very much..

Regards,
Edvin

longlatif
1st Nov 2005, 06:09
Ahh been a long time! It's good to be back....

Forget Australia. You will be required to do all papers DCA decide when you get back to Malaysia plus some flight training at that brothel known as MFA.

Apply AA or SIA.

MAS want you to have bahasa? Typically malay thinking...Isn't the international language english is aviation? Ohhh ICAO, DCA have not heard of them either...

nameisnotimportant
1st Nov 2005, 09:33
apparently from what i heard china airlines requires those without rating (ab-initio graduates) to be proficient with mandarin.

typical chinese mentality...isnt the international language for aviation is english..apparently their DCA also never heard such things..hmmm?

dont blame the race u idiot. blame the people's attachment to their mother tongue. The Nazis once burned people who dont speak germans just because they think these people are of lesser race.

BlueEagle
1st Nov 2005, 10:53
OK Gents, and I now refer you back to the thread topic, which was:

"Any recognize Flying School at Victoria, Australia by Malaysian Gov."

Please don't get personal and please leave the Nazis out of it!

Thanks, BE.