PDA

View Full Version : China Eastern A340-600

TankerPuke
17th Oct 2005, 18:52
This week I will be taking MU 586 to Beijing and I have a lot of work to do. Lucky me - I get to sit coach :{ Can anyone tell me if there are outlets at each seat so that I can plug in my laptop, or can those only be found in business class?

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
17th Oct 2005, 23:47
Just Business...

http://www.chinaeastern.co.uk/planes.html

Gonzo
18th Oct 2005, 19:39
Brave soul, you! I'd never fly with them after an A343 had a tailscrape on departure and continued to China!:ugh:

TankerPuke
18th Oct 2005, 21:38
Thanks for the info - and yes, I am a brave soul to fly in coach on a flight that long :{

MarkD
19th Oct 2005, 00:23
Are you talking about ANC and the taxiway? Wasn't that China Airlines (Taiwan) rather than China Eastern (PRC)

Gonzo
19th Oct 2005, 03:59
What's ANC? I'm on about a China Eastern A340 that tailscraped at Heathrow.

petitfromage
19th Oct 2005, 07:04
The Anchorage (ANC) incident was at China Airlines (Taiwan based) A343 that took off on the taxiway and drag its wheels through the snow bank.

The Heathrow (LHR) incident was a China Eastern (Shanghai based) A343 that had a significant tailstrike on take off and then, dispite being told of the incident from other aircraft and ATC, continued to Shanghai.

MarkD
19th Oct 2005, 16:35
Sorry about that - hadn't heard about the LHR incident.

Gonzo
19th Oct 2005, 17:15
Hey, no need to apologise, I hadn't heard about the Anchorage incident! :}

TankerPuke
5th Nov 2005, 12:41
Well - if anyone cares...they did have outlets at every coach seat. Flight to Shanghai wasn't bad (14 1/2 hours), but I had an entire middle row to myself. Flight home (10 3/4 hours) was pure hell! Totally full and I got stuck in the middle seat on the third to last row! But no tail scrapes... :O

TSR2
5th Nov 2005, 18:52
TankerPuke

If it is necessary for you to work whilst travelling ......... it should be necessary for you to travel Business Class.

christep
7th Nov 2005, 01:38
Gonzo,

So you'd never fly on CX (same ex-AKL to HKG) or BA (engine out on takeoff from LAX, continued to UK)? And so on and so on...

I guess you don't get out much then...

Globaliser
7th Nov 2005, 10:15
christep: So you'd never fly on CX (same ex-AKL to HKG) or BA (engine out on takeoff from LAX, continued to UK)? And so on and so on...Neither of them anywhere near the seriousness of the MU incident, but hey ho.

Final 3 Greens
7th Nov 2005, 11:58
Christep

The BA flight from LA followed the airlines SOPS and the 744 is certified for 3 engeine flight.

That hardly compares to continuing after a tailscrape, does it?

christep
10th Nov 2005, 04:35
I'm with you on the BA one, but as I understand it a tailscrape is a tailscrape and you have no way of knowing how serious it is without landing. So I can't see how the CX incident ex-AKL is any different from the MU one ex-LHR.

Globaliser
10th Nov 2005, 06:51
christep: I'm with you on the BA one, but as I understand it a tailscrape is a tailscrape and you have no way of knowing how serious it is without landing. So I can't see how the CX incident ex-AKL is any different from the MU one ex-LHR.Did the CX continue? I thought it returned after the tailscrape. Or am I thinking about the other AKL tailscrape?

TankerPuke
10th Nov 2005, 14:28
"If it is necessary for you to work whilst travelling ......... it should be necessary for you to travel Business Class."

I am a graduate student who can't afford business class. I needed to work on some school projects and watch some movies...

christep
11th Nov 2005, 06:03
Globaliser,

Details here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=116936

Globaliser
11th Nov 2005, 07:45
Thanks! Must have got confused with the other one, and I think I'd agree with your assessment of this.