PDA

View Full Version : Low Mongrel Act

QNIM
17th Oct 2005, 02:48
Gday

It has been alleged that not long after the demise of R&L Aviation (Mt Hotham) one of the opposition principles was calling around to the local Tourist Information Centres, advising them that they were no longer in business and removing their brochures.
If this is correct it just confirms my opinion of this low life piece of human garbage, some thing’s in this world just make me sick.

Q :yuk:

Woomera
17th Oct 2005, 03:51
You are skating on fairly thin ice here.

By calling "them" the "opposition" you are casting a pretty wide net as I am sure there are more than one.

No names please and something more than third party "alleged" otherwise it will be put in the "wind up" bin.

the wizard of auz
17th Oct 2005, 14:31
Yeah!!!., what Woomera said.

(edited for clarity)

inthefluffystuff
19th Oct 2005, 08:26
Qnim

I agree with your post but maybe it should not point to one person/company/whatever, it is a low act if that has been done to that company.

Yeah what he said???? is that an agree to the post by Qnim or Woomera ? am not too sure of your feelings!!!

karrank
20th Oct 2005, 23:39
Wot a marvellous public service the accused has performed, ensuring only the latest and most up to date information on local tourist infrastructure is out there for the punters. Well done sir, and thankyou QNIM for bringing it to the public's notice.

Did anybody think to take to the yellow pages in the post office with a 'sharpie(tm)'?

Raw Data
21st Oct 2005, 01:58
Yes this is pretty hard to fathom.

Company goes out of business.

Somebody goes around some tourist places and tells them that the company has gone bust (true), removes the brochures advertising flights that no longer exist.

Seems like a public service to me.

Unless there is something else going on...?

Woomera
21st Oct 2005, 02:35
Can't disagree with that but it is the organisation who displays them who has the responsibility to remove them, not a competitor unless he has been specifically asked to do so.

Further how is he/she sure it is so and as above it should be the organisation who displays them who has the responsibility to check before allowing them to be removed.

It is no business whatsoever of the competitor.

If somebody rings the number on the brochure or enquires at the organisations desk they will get the message.

Raw Data
21st Oct 2005, 06:54
Yeah OK but clearly the organisations concerned didn't know that the business had gone under - it would save them a certain amount of embarrassment to NOT have those brochures on display - they were probably thankful to the competitor for letting them know. As to who physically removed the brochures... who cares? If the competitor hadn't biffed them in the bin, the tourist organisation would have.

If the original (defunct) company had exercised a bit of courtesy and ensured that the tourist places KNEW that they were no longer flying, the problem would never have arisen.

It all strikes me as a rather large storm in a very small teacup... oh sorry we're talking Oz here, small tinny... ;)