PDA

View Full Version : Flight Instructor Pay

judojamesg
16th Oct 2005, 20:41
I have heard that Flight Instructor Pay is very low, but it can be a good way to build hours.

How low are we talking about?

under £10,000 an year
15,000 - 20,000?

Any help would be great!

James

Sparkle
16th Oct 2005, 21:49
Flight Instructor is a very valued job.
you can expect to be treated with respect by the employing training school.
Starting salary is £250000, with a yearly increment of £1234. Once you are employed you enjoy staff travel, like your fellow airline pilots.
The flying school pays for your yearly medical and Instructor Rating and all relevant licence renewals. You'll always have time set aside to do proper ground briefings for your allocated students.
Also your company pays 15% towards your final salary pension scheme, and believe me, these are rare these days and even when you are very young they are a good thing to be thinking about for your future.
You'll gain valuable experience flying in challenging wx, but you will never be pushed into going flying if you think it's not suitable in any way. Your opinion is always valued, and we all know it: Safety is no accident.
you'll have 6 weeks off leave, that includes the standard bank holidays, though.
I wish you the best of luck in training up the future generation of airline pilots.

:E ;)

It's best to get more information from other sources, as there are obviously a lot of different outfits around......
come on lads, help our James out, here!

long final
17th Oct 2005, 06:24
Thanks Sparkle, that brought a ray of sun to a dull monday morning :)

JJ - have a look in the instructors forum, specifically a recent thread http://pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=192712

LF

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
17th Oct 2005, 07:10
£250k

I going back to instructing!:E

unfazed
25th Oct 2005, 10:39
Sparkle - You forgot to mention a couple of items

1 - Company lease car
2 - Free private use of aircraft to commute to and from your country estate
3 - Annual profit related bonus scheme
4 - Paid type rating after 2 years loyal service

I am obviously typing this message in my sleep ...what a great dream !!!