PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft movements DXB, AUH etc.

sandstorm inferno
16th Oct 2005, 16:31
Does anyone know how DXB and AUH is counting their movements?
e.g. UAE123 arrival = 1 movement
and UAE123 departure = 1 movement
total of 2 for in and out :rolleyes: So far so good...

But what about other traffic operating inside the CTA/Terminal Area? Are they counted in the airporrts total movement statistics? (probably not, but for ATC it matters how busy you really are!).

Just saw that Dubai Airport probably will reach 25 million pax this year. Increase of nearly 15%. Fine! But how do they count?

I heard they count transitting pax twice! Arriving and then departing = 2 pax even though there is only 1 person inside the airport! e.g. lets say 5000 pax is transitting every day at DXB, how many people are you moving through the airport? well, 5000 right, not 10000 :8
I also heard AUH is counting it differently. Like it is, 1 person counts as 1 person. Therefore, can you compare airports who are using different "techniques"? Not really can you :ooh:

No doubt that DXB is busy, let say aprx 600 aircraft movements per day, but between how many Dubai ATC sectors? DEP, APP and ARR plus GMC and ADC = 5 sectors! If you look at it slightly different that is 120 movements in average per sector! AUH has got aprx 240 movements per day between 2 sectors, APP and ADC = in average 120 movements per sector per day.... :8 In both cases plus other traffic operating inside their CTA/Terminal Area. Does that mean that DXB and AUH is similar busy? No, not really, but each controller "moves" same amount of traffic!?!

:uhoh:

IShotTheSherif
16th Oct 2005, 18:41
I do not know how passenger movements are counted - so I can't comment... I do remember reading that OAG (I think) who do the aiport stats count transit pax only once. I have no clue where they get their data from, presumably the airlines operating there furnish some numbers...

I do not know what the timings are for the Dubai sectors (or if they are 24H), but here in Abu Dhabi we only ever have to operational control sectors - ADC/Tower and App/Radar.

I am not sure how transit movements are counted - in Abu Dhabi we have copius amounts of them! These said movements add considerably to our workload, and tbh I don't think are counted for airport movements, as they don't land/depart Abu Dhabi...

So, I guess that sector loading is pretty much equivalent (I have noticed that Dubai and Abu Dhabi have different 'peak' times where controller loading is highest).

Basically, everyday is a challenge... :\