PDA

View Full Version : Amsair Executive Aviation

trainer too 2
16th Oct 2005, 09:01
Who are these guys? Claiming to have the largest UK fleet of Excels but I never heard of them. I thought LEA has the largest fleet of Excels on the UK register and NetJets operates the most Excels in the UK....

Looks like a broker with some planes of a rich sugar daddy with money to loose.... Is this correct?

wannabe-aviator
16th Oct 2005, 09:26
Hello Trainer

I know nothing about this Company personally but I just checked thier website out if you read carefully the

"As part of the privately owned Amshold Group, Amsair Executive Aviation was set up to offer select clients the opportunity to charter the company's fleet of new corporate jets"

They mention the fact that the have a stretigic Allience that allows them and thie customers Access to over 800 Aircrafts World Wide so I guess thats how they can Claim to have the LARGEST EXCEL fleet , but I am sure that LEA has one of the biggest if not the Biggest fleet of the excel (Correct me someone if am wrong).

Regards
W-A

Chilli Monster
16th Oct 2005, 10:12
The clue is in the company name AMSair, for whom LEA operate the aircraft for the major shareholder.

You don't have to be an "Apprentice" to work that one out ;)

Kelas
17th Oct 2005, 10:36
AMSAir is part of Mr Sugar's empire!!!

trainer too 2
17th Oct 2005, 19:27
Ok so the sugar daddy has no AOC but is using LEA. Cheers:8

Fried_Chicken
17th Oct 2005, 20:52
The reg's on the Citations kinda give the game away:

G-SPUR (bit out of date now)
G-IAMS
G-SIRS
+ Legacy OE-IAS

FC

Arkwright
17th Oct 2005, 21:49
All correct Fried Chicken.....but lookout for OE-IAS changing to G-SIRA very soon!! :ok:

DROGNA
18th Oct 2005, 08:19
Don't believe G-SPUR is part of the empire now.

Varnish
18th Oct 2005, 17:40
OE-IAS is one of the Legacy's formerly managed by Gregg Air, I believe.

lancaster52
8th Nov 2005, 22:09
How many aircraft do they actually have.

Takeoff WAT
9th Nov 2005, 12:49
Latest I heard is that Mr S's Legacy has now departed GreggAir and is going on to Twinjet's AOC, along with the second of the three GreggAir Legacys.

Mr S's Excel is still with LEA I believe with no plans to move.