PDA

View Full Version : Pax games

paulypops
14th Oct 2005, 23:18
We have all seen comediennes taking the micky out of cabincrew, pilots, and airlines in general, talking (joking) of our lack of friendliness, lack of helpfulness, holier (holy-er?) than thou attitudes.....

They joke about putting the seatback upright, the silly demonstrations that we do, the food that we serve, the pax announcements, the fake smiles, etc.........

I am doing a comedy skit on passengers and need some more ideas. There is another forum on the questions that people ask, but i want to know what they do, how they act, what they say, what their comments are, and then what YOU do....

The ideas need to be understood by regular people and not just by people that are in the industry. They need to be short ideas, not ones that need a lengthy explanation....

An example of something that wouldn't necesarily work is when a pax says "give me compliments!" (i.e. give me complimentary items) This is funny to us but not really to people that aren't in the industry, partly because they would need an explanation about what is meant.

There are books that are available, but they tell stories......short comments are what i am looking for..

Any ideas...post them here for all to see......

THE SHOE WILL BE ON THE OTHER FOOT....

tiggerific_69
15th Oct 2005, 23:37
think i replied to this on cabincrew.com :)

FakePilot
16th Oct 2005, 00:21
You might want to contrast mr-know-it-all-it's safe pax vs. mr-know-it-all-we're-gonna-die pax. I actually saw this ensue once.

Some lady knew all about the "dangers" of flying by reading NewsPuke (real name withheld). Meanwhile the guy behind her was parrotting the usual statistics in a very fake knowledgable condenscending way.