PDA

View Full Version : Solenta Interview

Exhaust Manifold
14th Oct 2005, 13:48
Howzit guys

Im going for an interview with Solenta on Tuesday and just wanted some tips on what I should know.

Thanx :ok:

SKYTORT
14th Oct 2005, 15:19
Howzit EM,

Well I don;t know for which position it will be, but obviously the same "questionaire" will apply for the 1900/ATR pool.

I know from experience that they have implemented a new recruiting procedure ragarding interviews etc. Because of this, the information I provide may not be as accurate, but given that it will be the same people to interview you, things will genarally be the same.

I don't think you should be too concerned about technical knowledge or anything from you past experience. But then again, with the new changes you may get a surprise. You will most probably get interviewed by at least one pilot (maybe the chief pilot himself, but not always the case), the HR manager, a director, and the safety officer or anybody in that field.

HR manager will ask you personal questions, where did you fly, you career plans and maybe "why Solenta" etc. From the pilot side abviously some aviation related stuff, a plate briefing and a few tech questions (which I did not have in detail, but it was evident though).

They are very relaxed and professional, and I don't think you should stress too much - if you're a pleasant guy they will hire you for sure!

Good luck with the interview
All the best dude!

PW118
14th Oct 2005, 21:59
Exhaust Manifold.....Is that you Mike??

PW118

flyermansam
15th Oct 2005, 06:07
Of course it's Mike!! Who else will have a name like exhaust manifold:)

Good luck bugger... maybe just put on platform shoes so they can see you over the counter!
Holding thumbs for u, to get your "eefrican experience"

PW118
15th Oct 2005, 07:03
Just a little tip....read your contract carefully, word for word! Make sure you read between the lines as well ! Take it to a lawyer to scrutinize if needs be !
Back in the day Solenta were notorious for contract breaches. Lets hope its changed now!! Dont worry too much about the questions asked, they are so desperate to take advantage of low time pilots willing to work for peanuts and nothing else, thinking it would be fun to fly a van at night for 4.5 hours over the jungle in terrential rain!!

All the best

p.s. Platform shoes would help..

Exhaust Manifold
15th Oct 2005, 08:43
thinking it would be fun to fly a van at night for 4.5 hours over the jungle in terrential rain!!

Ja! :ok:

Thanx for the help guys, I'll let you know how it goes.

PS: I'll make a plan with those platform shoes ;)