PDA

View Full Version : GOLD AIR (without the bashing please)

bacardi walla
14th Oct 2005, 06:28
Keep the bashing low profile on this thread please otherwise it will just get closed down.

I see that our friends at Gold Air are recruiting Ops staff again. After several shaky years of instability in the Ops room, they farmed the Ops support to Base Ops. The latter have decided to head west again so Gold Air have done a full 360 and have started to recruit staff they lost before.

All bashing aside, this is not the sign of good management surely. Anyone know who the latest Ops Manager is and what his/her background is? If the stunt pilot otherwise known as the MD is due to depart soon as rumoured, maybe this latest Ops Manager will have a fighting chance of keeping his/her staff.

Thoughts anyone ? Be nice to also hear from Gold Air pilots on this subject.

Flintstone
14th Oct 2005, 10:29
.......a full 360......

180 surely?

Navigation not your strong point? ;)

checklist69
14th Oct 2005, 10:58
..... I'd rather fly with Bacardi, Flintstone.

They've done two 180s. My calculator says that's 360.

:O

'69

9J-LUN
14th Oct 2005, 12:14
So where are the MD's toys being parked when and if he departs?
Will they stay at Biggin?
Has he any friends at Biggin who will help him with hangarage?

Just curious!

bacardi walla
14th Oct 2005, 13:10
checklist69 I don't need a calculator, maybe Flintstone does :confused:

And Flintstone to answer your question. Navigation IS one of my strong points.

I suspect things could be on the way up if and when Stunt Man moves on.

Blu2
15th Oct 2005, 08:42
Bacardi walla - just a question; what is your fixation with Gold Air? Seems that on all the Gold Air threads, and there have been a few, you´re always there with your seeming hatred for the co./md etc etc, we get it ok!!
However, it seems the people who actually work for them seem to rarely respond, maybe they´re happy with their lot? who knows? what I do know is that you´re constant moaning is getting somewhat tedious, find something better to do with your time, maybe think of a more original topic..
Blu

Kelas
15th Oct 2005, 11:06
Blu2

what's your problem jackass?

bacardi walla
16th Oct 2005, 05:39
Blu2 shut up and answer the question poised if you want but don't ask me why I have grudges with GDA. I have friends, both pilots and ops staff, who have been left feeling very unhappy over the years. It's not the company though that causes the bitterness.

Now, back to the thread.

Kelas :ok:

4HolerPoler
16th Oct 2005, 05:49
Keep it nice please. Anonymous sniping is a part of forums such as this but please afford each other the politeness you would expect and avoid making rash, unsubstantiated statements.

4HP

Fried_Chicken
16th Oct 2005, 19:07
A small snippet of info, Goldair's second LJ45XR was delivered to them today (their 7th Learjet?)

FC

bacardi walla
17th Oct 2005, 05:51
How many of these XR's are GDA getting then ? There was rumour some time back of bigger toys, any developments there ?

Blu2
17th Oct 2005, 17:51
Oooh.... touchy!! ;)

Wee Jock Mc Julie
18th Oct 2005, 17:31
Are you sure that they are XRs?

Jetset41
18th Oct 2005, 19:00
There are 2 Learjet 45 XR's so far with more on order.

So that makes 7 Learjet 45's in total to date.

jetset41:ok:

Jetset41
21st Oct 2005, 10:11
That seemed to have shut you all up huh!

jetset41:ok:

bacardi walla
21st Oct 2005, 10:32
7 learjets are hardly big toys are they ? :ok:

Jetset41
21st Oct 2005, 10:51
Who needs big boys toys anyway ?

I don't ! jetset41

melia
21st Oct 2005, 13:58
I know in GA the bigger the aircraft the bigger the salary (usually), but really I would prefer to be in a well flown L45 than a poorly flown G550!

Buy the way Bacardi Walla goes on (he obviously needs to be back in Africa or India were his name would mean something!), he needs to compensate for something he is short on!!

Daifly
23rd Oct 2005, 16:42
The XR is essentially a straight 45 but with a new chip on the Engines, it also has a higher MTOW (but is a heavier airframe and so has a shorter range than the 45). The rest is mainly cosmetic.

As if proving the theory, the Bombardier 45XR demonstrator that was flying around Europe for some 6 months at the beginning of the sales drive was actually just a straight 45 with new "XR" stickers on it.

GDA always said that they wanted to have the youngest fleet out there so to do that they obviously have to change the hardware over. If they now have 4 XR's then they are receiving them on schedule.

Fried_Chicken
23rd Oct 2005, 18:29
Slightly drifting off the topic of Goldair...

How does the LJ40 compare with LJ45XR (range, MTOW etc..) & can a LJ40 pilot fly a LJ45XR with no extra training (& vice versa)

FC

SENFLYER
23rd Oct 2005, 23:21
It would appear ops manager has been replaced with com/ops manager ex helicopter sales guy I think. From what I hear it is a shambles in that office. Old Ops mngr went to Cranfield on the weather research RJ.

bacardi walla
24th Oct 2005, 06:30
Situation normal then. Shame, that company has great potential if only it woke up and looked after the ground staff. Old Ops Manager to Cranfield hey, good for him. Sounds like a good move :ok: