PDA

View Full Version : Any Info On Perth Airport Postions!

mooguy
14th Oct 2005, 03:13
G'day All

I"m hanging up my wings after 10 years flying as cabin crew(5years with Emirates and Monarch and five years with corporate/ VIP/royalty etc etc in Middle east).

Ive finally returned to perth, (met my hubby whilst on layover in saudi!)and am seeking ANY kind of ground work at perth airport, check it or whatever. Anything. Also Judging by the recent posts about relocation areas for perth flyers, it would seem we'll have to move further from our bush idyll out here by the national park in closer to airport.

If anyone could give me any leads or suggestions as to where to even start the search, I'd be most appreciative......

Cheers in advance

OZcabincrew
14th Oct 2005, 05:11
i have a couple of friends who are QF groundstaff at the international but had to start at the domestic, they both were employed through Adecco, as far as i know, they're the people who recruit QF groundstaff, i think you may even start off as part time?

Oz

resboy
14th Oct 2005, 05:19
Virgin Blue - Aerocare :S

Skystar - ground handler for MH, EK and SQ at change of season, just done a big recruitment drive to add staff for the SQ contract

QF - currently offering redundencies across airports nationwide due loss of SQ contract and major roll-out of self check kiosks at dometic. QF airports have also been on employment freeze since jan

SkySista
14th Oct 2005, 05:42
Yup Skystar have just hired a bunch of people - I know one. So I'd say either they have got enough people or shortly they may find they still need more...

also think outside the major stuff if you can't get in, try the smaller companies like Network, Skippers, NJS, Maroomba, Ad Astral (admin perhaps?) Helicopters Aus, Hawker Pacific - who knows which one of them may need an ectra person around the place... it's all a start.

WAC may have positions, even though they say they advertise them on the site I know of one person who got a job that wasn't advertised on the web site. Perhaps go out with your resume and 'do the rounds' - that's how I got my first job out there...

If you're not picky about what kind of job, perhaps also give PIC a go (catering) or AQIS or Customs - they always seem to be recruiting for new starters... even gothrough the Intl airport web site and do a trawl of any oft he shops there that may be looking for staff (e.g. Duty Free) it's always easier to get into check in or something later if people know your face

Good luck!!! :D

Just one thing, when you say you're near the National Park, do you mean the hills?? I used to live in the hills (Darlington way) and it didn't take tooo long to get in to work (except for the odd occasion whensomeone had an accident on the hill) at 4am it was a snap!! (something like 12-20 minutes If i recall correctly!:)

mooguy
16th Oct 2005, 05:55
Ta for all the info guys

-to SkySista..........we live, ahem, really way out, up near Yanchep nat park, we are returning from saudi for good, but we will definitely have to relocate. My hubby has a big plot up here and we were going to build, but the reality now that the new roads been delayeed is we will have to buy down near mullalloo -even thats some way from the airport. I'd like to move to janebrook or somewhere my he loves the ocean, oh well, time to leave the bush!