PDA

View Full Version : Multi Crew crewing under CAR217?

Capt Claret
13th Oct 2005, 20:29
I'm interested to know what policies, if any, exist with respect to multicrewed operations (say DH8 and bigger) and two line captains, as opposed to training or check captains, line flying together.

[list=1]
Does your employer take the view that if endorsed you can perform PF duties from the RHS?

Does your employer take the view that if endorsed you can perform PNF duties from the RHS?

If occupying the RHS does your employer require you to be proficiency checked in the RHS?

Does your employer prohibit non prof checked captains from occupying the RHS?

Views on what is an acceptable practice and why, appreciated.
[/list=1]

Mr.Buzzy
13th Oct 2005, 21:08
Clarry,
our company permits:
1- Two line captains rostered together. ( Though usually only happens for reserve callouts )

2- RHS captain must be checked and kept current ( 12 months I believe? Usually satisfied by a short sim detail, performed at the end of cyclic training; entailing a V1 cut, assy approach and assy landing.)

3- RHS is PNF (PM)

4- LHS is usually allocated to the captain who was originally rostered for the duty if none, then the captain with longest company service as a captain.

Hope this helps for a start.
Regards
Buzzy.

bbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hugh Jarse
13th Oct 2005, 23:30
Gidday Clarrie,

1. No. Line Captains are never rostered together to operate.

2. No, unless you are a RHS qualified Training or Check Captain.

3. Yes. See above.

4. No

Generally, if a flight is unable to be crewed by an appropriately rated FO due illness etc, then the RHS may be occupied by a Training or Check Captain that is RHS qualified. The rostered Line Captain will be PIC and the Training/Check Captain will only fulfil the role of First Officer.

I stand to be corrected by my colleagues, but all RHS qualified Training/Check Captains must also remain RHS current. My last cyclic support pilot was a Training Captain doing his RHS recurrency. Gave damn fine support, too ;)

5. Clarrie, I agree with the current policy, however I see where you're coming from :ugh:

Rudder
14th Oct 2005, 06:01
Ours permits it for other than check and training personnel like this:

You either have a current proficiency check from the right seat

or

the handling pilot flies only from the Left seat. ie you change seats on sectors.