PDA

View Full Version : Connecting onto UL from BA

desemirates
13th Oct 2005, 18:48
I am travelling with British Airways to London Heathrow (arriving Terminal 1) and will be connecting onto Sri Lankan Airlines to Colombo (departing Terminal 4).

Does anyone know of the procedure involved? Where do I pick up our boarding passes for the Sri Lankan flight? According to our travel agency, they are not issued at our point of departure. I should add to this it's one ticket only.

Answer ASAP anyone, please. I'm so nervous about this!

MarkD
13th Oct 2005, 21:24
desemirates

Haven't you asked this before? (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193599)

desemirates
13th Oct 2005, 22:35
In that thread I asked how to get between these two terminals.

desek

MarkD
14th Oct 2005, 01:37
desemirates - I connect T1 > T4 frequently so have been both ways:

If your bag is NOT through checked then pick it up, leave T1 via Heathrow Express and check in at T4. Move smartly as this takes a while and especially security at T4 as I recall the only time I did it. Since UL is not a oneworld carrier it's not impossible that this is how it will work.

If your checked bag *is* through checked and you are not given a boarding pass then follow this advice from www.heathrowairport.com

From the BAA Heathrow website:
Connecting from Terminal 1 UK & Ireland to Terminal 4
Your connection will take approximately 60 minutes, from landing to departure gate. From Terminal 1, head for the Flight Connections Centre. Show your ticket and visit our airline desks before making your way by coach to Terminal 4's departure gate.

Globaliser
14th Oct 2005, 11:54
The one thing that I haven't been able to tell desemirates by PM is who handles UL at LHR. If anyone knows, that might help calm the anxiety about whose transfer desk at the FCC is the relevant one, although I would have thought it almost certain to be clearly signed.

blackbox
14th Oct 2005, 13:45
UL - use KLM to handle them in T4...

Heathrow Express takes 5minutes to get T1/2/3 - T4....

KiloMIke
14th Oct 2005, 14:07
Actually BA handle UL in T4. So hopefully they can check you straight thru from EDI.

In that case you can follow the signs for Flight Connections and go to T4 via airside.

desemirates
14th Oct 2005, 14:34
Does UL have an airline desk in the FCC or should I turn to BA? I'm not arriving from UK nor Ireland but from Scandinavia, however am using BA to LHR...

KiloMIke
14th Oct 2005, 14:57
They may well be able to check you all the way thru in CPH.

You can check in at the BA desks in FCC or might be easier in T4. They have a transfer area jsut after secuirty when you get off the bus from FCC.

desemirates
14th Oct 2005, 15:18
I rang the BA-office and asked them about the procedure involved. He said he wasn't sure whether the bags would be checked through all the way or if we are given boarding passes for the entire flight...

Let's say this is the case and we have to pick up our bags at LHR and check them in again. Is the Heathrow Express free?

MarkD
14th Oct 2005, 16:35
dese

within Heathrow, H Express is free

http://www.heathrowexpress.com/

Globaliser
14th Oct 2005, 17:11
desemirates: I rang the BA-office and asked them about the procedure involved. He said he wasn't sure whether the bags would be checked through all the way or if we are given boarding passes for the entire flight...You're flying on one through-ticket, so BA should through-check the bag. I cannot imagine BA not having an interline agreement with UL at T4, and you don't fall foul of BA's new(-ish) two-ticket policy.

desemirates
14th Oct 2005, 18:43
However, the flight ticket includes three coupons (maybe one for each leg?), would this make it more complicated?

MarkD
14th Oct 2005, 20:35
desemirates

number of coupons is not relevant if only one ticket was booked

assuming this is a one way ticket the coupons are probably

CPH-LHR,
LHR-Colombo,
passenger receipt (not valid for passage).

Railgun
14th Oct 2005, 22:02
You're flying on one through-ticket, so BA should through-check the bag. I cannot imagine BA not having an interline agreement with UL at T4, and you don't fall foul of BA's new(-ish) two-ticket policy.

How can you tell through not seeing the ticket that it is indeed a through ticket?

Also the BA policy is not newish its been implemented for over 2 years or longer now.

Globaliser
14th Oct 2005, 22:50
Railgun: How can you tell through not seeing the ticket that it is indeed a through ticket?

Also the BA policy is not newish its been implemented for over 2 years or longer now.Because desemirates said so in his OP in this thread - and indeed had told me this by PM before as well.

Time flies. But 2 years is still "new-ish" to me - 'xpect all things are relative ... :D