PDA

View Full Version : Time for Belize?

european champion
13th Oct 2005, 18:13
Im going to attempt one more time to ask the question that has been asked so many times but i dont seem to get sufficient answers from the search.
from what i have read there is many job opportunities for expatriates at belize.how many companies operate there and when would be the best season to show up?im thinking of showing up around middle of nov,would it be a good idea?from my understanding to obtain the work permit there is easy compared to other latin american countries that is almost impossible to get.if we have to put in category 1 the countries from central or south america that they can give easily a work permit to a foreign pilot and category 2 the countries that its difficult or almost impossible to get work permit which countries would u put in cat 1 and which ones in cat 2?

crack up
18th Oct 2005, 15:30
To obtain a work permit in Belize, you need an offer of employment. Process takes 3 to 6 weeks.

Most hiring is done now, meaning Aug through Oct.

Panama Jack
18th Oct 2005, 18:02
As for the rest of the Central American countries as well as Mexico, you can categorize them as Cat 2

european champion
19th Oct 2005, 00:06
Thank you for your replies,now i have an idea what to do.

jocksaway69
11th Nov 2005, 02:28
Worked there for a couple of years.... and yes it may be easier to obtain a work permit than other countries in the area. But I would not say easy. The hardest part is finding one of the 2 small airlines to give you a chance. All I will say is make sure you hand eye seat of your pants skills are on top form. No room for error here and not much forgiveness for lack of accuracy. Good luck it is a great place to live and fly and it taught me a huge amount about myself and abilties.

bumboclot
21st Nov 2005, 11:38
"Good luck it is a great place to live and fly and it taught me a huge amount about myself and abilties. "

or for some, lack there of...;)

seriously though, great place to fly. getting on there is a combination of being at the right place at the right time/ being able to hand fly an airplane/ and buying the CP lots Belikin Premium...

good luck!

european champion
22nd Nov 2005, 09:50
And what would be the right time to go there?Which countries do the majority of pilots come from?

austra1998
25th Nov 2005, 20:22
hi european champion

i will be in belize myself in 20 days or so....where are you now???

i'll just go there to have a look....and see what my options are...

i shell meet you over there...

all the best,

Alex