PDA

View Full Version : Airside passes?

skygiraffe
13th Oct 2005, 14:16
Hi- am currently working out of Manchester and it was an absolute 'mare to get my pass. At an interview the other day an aviation consultant was warning me that if I move away from Manc I will have to do my full 5 years again... which I can just about do (at a push), however he was adamant that some airports are easier than others (e.g. Birmingham's supposed to be a right pain). Anyone got any idea what Heathrow's like? I needed to use a fair handful of personal referees for Manc, and they only had to be working professionals who had known me for 5 years- and I used the same one for most of them- would this be allowed at Heathrow? Any help appreciated as I have an interview for Qantas UK in 2 weeks and I don't want to waste their time or mine if I'm not going to be able to get an airside pass.
Worst comes to worst I only have about a year and a half of unreliable history to clear before I can think about moving- but obviously I'd really like to try for Qantas. Any help is appreciated, Katie.x.

skygiraffe
13th Oct 2005, 15:23
Thanks that's super helpful. I'm really desperate to get the Qantas job, but I'd sorta resigned myself to having to wait a couple of years until my 5 years was clear. Like you I squeezed in studying, jobs, travelling, stay-at-home (step)mum, some unemployment and all sorts of other bits and bobs. Ta for the heads up and I shall go down to QF feeling that bit more confident about my ability to sort my mess out.x.