PDA

View Full Version : Air Stewards - enforced PT?

Kim Il Jong
13th Oct 2005, 12:37
Can't help but think that a very large proportion of the truckie fleet's Air Stewards are the fattest bunch of bods ever to do their service a disservice.

They are the poorest ambassadors for the RAF I can imagine given that many a servicepersons first impression of The fleet if not the RAF is one of these whales squeezing down the aisles whilst simultaneously bursting out of a growbag.

I therefore propose salad only crew meals and enforced PT in order to restore the corporate image of the RAF a little. Any one agree?:E

Role1a
13th Oct 2005, 12:41
Thems not stewards, its the Nav!!!!!

Always_broken_in_wilts
13th Oct 2005, 12:47
Can't be the Nav.........Kim makes no mention of a smell of stale wee:E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Logistics Loader
13th Oct 2005, 13:34
Must be the Ground Eng then with his pay packet busting from his flying suit !!!

6foottanker
13th Oct 2005, 15:39
They're not fat, just big boned!

Tonkenna
13th Oct 2005, 18:09
I am not saying anything, they make my tea;)

Tonks:cool:

truckiebloke
13th Oct 2005, 18:58
Can't really say the air force is the fittest bunch of people going anyway.....

I know at least one of the stewards at lyneham is a triathlete, so i think thats not too bad!!!

Jobza Guddun
13th Oct 2005, 22:32
They have stewards on Herks too now do they...?

Radar Riser
14th Oct 2005, 09:49
We might now get a hot meal instead of a butty box........just like the crew!

Or am I just dreaming?!

RR

Always_broken_in_wilts
14th Oct 2005, 15:26
RR,

Most J/K Loadie's would love to give you a hot meal and where possible we do try, however the "K" oven takes for ever to heat a frozen meal whilst the all singing and dancing "J" microwave is not a lot better.

A frozen meal out of Lyneham takes around 10 minutes to microwave properly and putting more meals in simply increases the cooking time. To feed just 10 pax with hot meals would take a minimum of 1 hour 40 by which time most of you are fast asleep due to

a: Out of Lyneham being got up way to early so that the movers can keep you hungry and give you a right royal **** about :E

b: Down route listening to the crew and finding the best bars in town to get slaughtered in:p

Experiance tells us you are better of with a box which you can dissapear with in to your maggot to get some well earned and hopefully undisturbed kip:ok:

I have fed folks allsorts, from McDonalds to pizza to ice creams but it's not always possible. It's not ideal I know but, on the whole we do the best we can.

Whaaa newark
14th Oct 2005, 16:01
Have to agree with ABIW.

The loadie will always try to give the pax a hot meal but with an oven on the K that only takes 5 or 7 meals at a time which take 30 to 40 mins to heat up it isn't always possible to give the pax a hot meal. Also remember as a pax you only fly on albert once in a blue moon the crew have to fly on them everyday (also we know what goes into those boxes)

Logistics Loader
14th Oct 2005, 16:24
Old age may be creeping in here, but i dont recall a hot meal on the SA airbridge in ealry eighties....

But fair play to the ALM, everyone had a flask of hot water to enusre a good supply of tea/coffee/soup...so at least we had something hot...

And as the flight was 12hrs plus sleeping was on the mind of most pax.....

I doubt Jamie Oliver could satisfy his hordes of fans if he was in the same "kitchen" as an ALM....

Talking Radalt
14th Oct 2005, 17:47
I thought the "Galley" was that thing on Vision On where you sent your pictures?
SH..... Cold pasties'n'lovin' it! :ok:

Always_broken_in_wilts
14th Oct 2005, 18:22
Cold TR, try bodge taping them to the MR g'box, wont bake but will warm them through:E

Role1a
14th Oct 2005, 19:10
TR

Try placing said pastie in jet pipe post landing (whilst doing the levels check) be ready in minutes.

R1a

Talking Radalt
14th Oct 2005, 22:24
ABIW.....
What the blinking flip is a "MR g'box" or is that Mister Gearbox ?
Is it the forward, combining or aft transmission you're suggesting?
Guarantee the latter WILL bake them through, even with all that new fangled forced air cooling. Bring back Mk1 Agas. ;)

Always_broken_in_wilts
14th Oct 2005, 22:51
TR,

The "main rotor" gear is what all normal rotary beasts have, the fact that you have the misfortune to fly on a "banana" probably explains your cofusion:E