PDA

View Full Version : Free Beer. See you in Vegas? (Vegas Mega-Bash)

Cyclic Hotline
22nd Jan 2000, 04:54
Any PPRuNErs heading to Vegas for the HAI?

I have organized a large number of events for all committed PPRuNERS, to gain admission, all you have to do is identify yourself by the following means;
1. Wear a red carnation in your left buttonhole. ;)
2. Carry a copy of today's copy of the Financial Times, rolled up, in your left hand.
3. Wear a bowler hat.
4. Should you meet a suspected PPRuNER, ask the following question, "Do you find that PPRuNES keep you regular?" (If he tells you in no uncertain terms to mind your own business, you might be sure, this is no PPRuNER). ;)

Alternately, (and more practically), the following have granted unrestricted admission to all PPRuNERS and ensure free beer,
Allison
Sikorsky
Eurocopter
Turbomeca
Anywhere else you can talk your way into!
See you there,
Cyclically yours
C.H.

Bell+
25th Jan 2000, 23:35
Well maybe not the Romans, but out of curiousity I thought I'd see if I could get a little info. Would like some feedback on how Balpa has helped pilotswithin the last few years, either individually, or at a company level. Do the subs represent value 4 money? Have they sustained their level of support, and are you happy with it? Nothing political, I'm just curious!

Master baiter
26th Jan 2000, 01:28
The aquaduct, irrigation, public order, health, roads and not forgetting the wine!

212man
26th Jan 2000, 04:06
Ask a few pensioners who in a previous existence were BAH/BIH pilots. When Capt Bob fell overboard so did the Mirror Group pension fund which they were members of. BALPA risked bankruptcy with the ensuing court case.

Also, try asking a few recent widows what assistence they were given following the death of their husbands in service.

See how much legal cover you can get for the cost of membership, £100,000? that does not last long when you require an aviation expert QC at a £1000 a day to help you through being sued or doing the suing.

As for the reps, like all volunteers at least they get off their backsides and do something, rather than whinge in the crew room.

I have no personal connection or loyalties to BALPA, and indeed am outside their jurisdiction, but I think research into the above will prove the value of joining.