PDA

View Full Version : Navy wings

JNo
13th Oct 2005, 08:06
Apparently the Navy are handing out wings to any Geordie muppetts nowadays. Have a close up look at the photos!

http://defenceintranet.diiweb.r.mil.uk/DefenceIntranet/News/DefenceNews/Navy/RoyalNavySupportsThePrideOfBritain.htm

southside
13th Oct 2005, 10:39
Firstly they are not "wings". Everyone knows that Navy wings are made of Gold. The badge which was presented to these nice young people was a replica of the Wings.

Secondly, you may find that it is derogatory, insulting and possibly slanderous to call people Geordie muppetts.

Thud_and_Blunder
13th Oct 2005, 14:18
Gold - interesting choice for a flying surface such as a wing, possibly not the most effective choice of material. Mind you, wasn't the Lunar Excursion Module swathed in gold foil? So perhaps folk with such "wings" are well suited to operate in places with no atmosphere. Like the average multi-squadron wardroom on board, for example...

:p

btw - JNo, your muppet picture isn't visible through our ME connection. Does it perchance contain traces of pork products?

JNo
13th Oct 2005, 15:15
Not always southside - talking out of your rear for a change! Either that or the Navy must be the only establishment in the world who can spin gold that looks just like sewing cotton. The world's finest alchemists? Perhaps not.

"derogatory, insulting and possibly slanderous" for the term Muppett? (no denying that they're Geordies is there?) I've checked with my Solicitor and he's advised me to start shaking with fear. :\

iccarus
13th Oct 2005, 19:53
Thought they were issued during basic traing for all naval recruits?

Or was that the brown variety?