PDA

View Full Version : Just busted my TV....

Ultralights
13th Oct 2005, 07:42
Ok, im a very tolerant man, but tonights news just pisses me off.

My old Boss, Mr Dixon, another record profit!....... you know the rest..

doom and gloom on the horizon!! if we are going to survive, we need to tighten our belts, change our way of business etc etc...

Does he seriously think the investing public and staff will buy this!! again! and again! and again!

hang on, shares at $3.40....... after 5 record profits. seams not...http://home.exetel.com.au/pamuva/Other%20stuff/webstuff/rant.gif

captaindejavu
13th Oct 2005, 16:24
And Chairman Ms Jackson said at the AGM (and I quote)... 'ALL Qantas servicing is ALWAYS done in Australia'.

Oh, really ??? What about those past and future empty ferry flights for major services in Zurich ?? Blatant porky pies ??
:*

Lodown
13th Oct 2005, 22:44
Ultralights, you left out a few words. May I be so bold?

doom and gloom on the horizon!! if we are going to survive on the board, we need to tighten our employees' belts, change our way of business by eliminating middle management and union bludgers etc etc...

Sheesh!!! So predictable.

Brian Abraham
14th Oct 2005, 01:21
captaindejavu,

'ALL Qantas servicing is ALWAYS done in Australia'

Reading all the posts re QF and all the outsourcing I think she was being quite truthful.

I'm left wondering who's going to be paying the taxes so they (Gov) can pay us the dole when all our jobs have disappeared overseas.

Regards,
Brian

captaindejavu
14th Oct 2005, 01:31
Brian,

Accepted.

However, how does she explain QF A330s going to Zurich in November and December this year for major servicing ? They've been there earlier this year, too.

Either ALL services are done here, or NOT. She can have it both ways.

Brian Abraham
14th Oct 2005, 11:14
captaindejavu,
Not sure if you got the "servicing" part. Was referring to the use of the word as in the rural animal husbandry use thereof.

Blue Skies,
Brian

FlexibleResponse
14th Oct 2005, 12:01
When she said, 'ALL Qantas servicing is ALWAYS done in Australia'.

Were you led to believe that she meant that, 'ALL servicing for Qantas is ALWAYS done in Australia'?

Or do you think that she really meant, '(Although) ALL Qantas servicing for Qantas is ALWAYS done in Australia (by Qantas, ALL Overseas servicing for Qantas is ALWAYS done Overseas')?

ditzyboy
15th Oct 2005, 04:37
'ALL Qantas servicing is ALWAYS done in Australia'

Qantas seem to be servicing their Australian-based employees from behind... Maybe that's what she meant? :hmm:

captaindejavu
21st Oct 2005, 00:19
Today's Sydney Daily Telegraph....

..."THE key union representing Qantas workers has pledged to fight the airline's reported push to shift more than 3,000 jobs overseas.

Australian Manufacturing Workers Union national secretary Doug Cameron called the move aggressive and outrageous.

"We are not prepared to make sacrifices on wages and conditions to satisfy the company and John Howard's agenda to make it tough for working families in this country," he told ABC radio today.

"We will fight this and we will fight for Australian jobs."

Qantas plans to send more than 3000 highly skilled maintenance jobs overseas unless it receives concessions from its workforce, The Australian reported today.

The airline is expected to make a decision early next year whether to outsource maintenance work on its aircraft fleet, the newspaper said.

Mr Cameron said 3000 Qantas jobs and up to 6000 jobs connected indirectly to the airline were at risk if Qantas goes ahead with its plan.

He said he believed the push was a result of the upcoming enterprise bargaining round between the airline and its workers, plus the Federal Government's industrial relations reforms.

"We think this is an outrageously aggressive position from Qantas," Mr Cameron said.

"I think this is a combination of the bargaining round that's coming up in Qantas and the Howard Government's industrial legislation, where Qantas have publicly said they support the changes and they are prepared to sacrifice highly skilled Australian jobs by being at the forefront of Howard's attack on working families."

I rest my case !!! Margaret Jackson, less than a week ago, patently misled the AGM and its shareholders!!!

pullock
21st Oct 2005, 16:19
Ultralights,

Seems we have somethingin common - Dixon USED to boe our boss.

I left a few months ago now and have never looked back - best thing I ever did.

I knowt that what they want to do is to make people leave and that in so doing I was playing straight in to their hands, but I have to say that not working for them any more has made me a much happier, and much wealthier person indeed.

Cheers.

Ultralights
21st Oct 2005, 22:04
i left in 2001, best thing i have ever done! sadly i am still amazed at friends who still work there and wont make the Positive step to leave...

But sadly dixon has a point, now working for another company in the aircraft game, i must admit, i do more work in one 10 hrs day now than i did in a week at Qf.

but the difference is, i have an incestive to work! if i work harder, i will be recognised, and rewarded! from what i have seen working where i am now, Morale is THE major factor in an employes production..

at QF Morlale doesnt exist, and neither does the output, here at Bae, Morale is the highest i have ever seen, and i actually look forward to the busy times! and getting a job done in good time!

now if ONLY QF will see this fact, take steps to improve morale to an excellent level, they WILL get a competitive workforce!!!

it makes you wonder just what do the QF execs and managment think! the proof is out there! staff attitudes are EVERYTHING when it comes to being competitive and improving output.

speedbirdhouse
21st Oct 2005, 22:29
Quote- "it makes you wonder just what do the QF execs and managment think! the proof is out there! staff attitudes are EVERYTHING when it comes to being competitive and improving output."

Those running the hugely successfull, profitable and unionised Southwest Airlines it seems agree.

What a shame that the fascist regime that passes for "management" at Qantas lack the skills beyond rip, slash, bully and burn....... :yuk:

http://www.afrboss.com.au/magarticle.asp?doc_id=25150&listed_months=1

mootyman
23rd Oct 2005, 03:38
not batting for q but didnt the a330s go to zurich due to an incomplete hanger??

captaindejavu
23rd Oct 2005, 04:14
Mootyman,

That's one theory. However, reliable contacts within the company state that it was because Zurich could guarantee the service(s) would be completed in just 6 days. All costs considered, it was therefore the cheapest option.

So much for using Aussie workers, and Jackson's hollow statement to the AGM !!!

Mr.Buzzy
23rd Oct 2005, 21:33
Seems there is a 'U' missing.

QUANTAS

Queenslands Un-Australian Non-Truthful Air Service.

bbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzz