PDA

View Full Version : SIA Cadet Pilot Program

monkme
12th Oct 2005, 21:18
Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions and i was wondering if anyone would be able to answer them or take a guess.

1) When is the next round of intakes / interviews following the 02 Sep 2005 batch? (Congratulations to all successful Cadets!)

2a) Having been selected as a Cadet, what is the "failure rate" during training?

2b) Of the cadets who do not complete the training, is it mainly due to them been "axed" by SIA or is it under their own will?

I would very grateful if anyone would be able to shed some light on any of the above questions.

Thank you for your time,
monkme

freaktrimmer
13th Oct 2005, 06:50
monkme,

SIA cadet intakes start ground school every 40-45 days ...
the failure rate question has already been answered, but most ppl make it ...
no sane would leave the job if he had some interest / passion to begin with ... but then again, there have been cases where cadets have opted out, as they could not cope up with the pressure which come along with flying a plane ...
so in 99% of the cases, they are "axed" ... and the rest of the 1% have left on their own will
cheers,

FT

vitus
17th Oct 2005, 13:37
1) No idea, sorry

2a) Failure rate? I sent you a PM, in short, there is no quota to fail cadets

2b) Majority are judged to lack either aptitude or attitude to successfully complete training.

To leave on your own free will is a very expensive affair, only ppl with heaps of cash can decide to do that, the bond is somewhere between the cost of a 4~5 room HDB flat.

cheers

huckleberry58
17th Oct 2005, 17:42
The bond for a cadet pilot is less than $200k.

monkme
17th Oct 2005, 21:31
Thank you all for your time in posting a response.

vitus - pls check your pm.

dxlz
25th Oct 2005, 17:06
hi all...

heard that new applicants to the cadet pilot program is limited to 2 chances for the 1st interview..

this as compared to previously whereby one is allowed unlimited chances for the 1st interview..

your replies are greatly appreciated..

cheers all