PDA

View Full Version : British Med assesment days

Bandit_70
12th Oct 2005, 16:43
Hi All,

I've been invited to a British Med assesment day in November and just wanted a few details about the pay,conditions etc.I've got 10yrs with a charter and my moneys not bad but wondered if i would be taking a pay cut if i was to go with them? What sort of money do b meds get and how many trips per month etc..

I'm looking for a switch to a scheduled and I'm hoping B med could be then one..

Any info would be great..

Thanks v much..

aar4n
13th Oct 2005, 15:09
The money is good at Bmed, its all long haul trips and your paid by the hour (£2.50) basic being above £11,000. Ive sent my CV off to them in August and they said it would be on file for the next recruitment drive for which they would contact me. Not heard anything yet?
Apparently there recruiting for a course in the new year would be a fantastic oppourtunity to work for them destinations look great although not the exotic beaches you associate with some longhaul stopovers.

towers00
18th Oct 2005, 14:52
gud luck with b-med i heard there not to bad to work for,wouldnt mind applying myself,do they have some sort of website you can send your cv on.. many thanks

Bandit_70
19th Oct 2005, 10:18
Thanks,

Will lwt you know....I just went to their website and clicked on recruitment,then posted a CV and covering letter...

wan2fly
19th Oct 2005, 10:46
I also applied for BMED however I now work for another Sched airline so will not be going to BMED interview...

I applied last year and they called me for an interview within 2 days I couldnt make it that quick (some one had dropped out of a course).....so they contacted me re this next wave...

I declined the interview and I even got an email back saying good luck in my new job !!!! Now if thats how they treat prospective crew then you will have nothing to worry about - I would of deffo gone if I hadn't got the position I have now...

At the interview you need to make sure you know WHY BMED are a franchise and what it means to them and BA. You also need to be aware of the destinations they do as they are not main stream long haul have a look at the web site and get your information from there - VERY VERY different but quite exciting really.....

I wish you all lots of luck the staff at HQ that I have dealt with are fantastic and very very helpful....

towers00
19th Oct 2005, 12:21
hi guys
what are there website...
many thanks

Tudor
19th Oct 2005, 15:08
Apparently the first task you are set at the interview is to find an airline's website on the internet using your own initiative...

Try www.flybmed.com and click on to the part that says 'recruitment'...