PDA

View Full Version : Citation III, VI and VII info needed...

His dudeness
12th Oct 2005, 15:18
..as I´m about to do a rating on the 650 Series.
Does anybody know webbased or buyable sources of theoretical training on these ?

Also like to hear tips from experienced 650 drivers or mechs on what to focus / check.

Thanks

Bumz_Rush
20th Oct 2005, 07:37
Let me know, and I will attack the loft.......

The 3 was an interesting aircraft.....remember slight problems with power up, and FMS dumping...always put to bed with 1st stage flap....and she lands like a C2.....and cruises like a real jet...... beware the step in the aft cabin, wing spar box....designed to trip you up.....salesman wrote the payload range section of the quick quide....Hope you get the job......Bumz

His dudeness
20th Oct 2005, 18:39
Hey bumz,
thanks for replying...I do have a manual (provided by the company), but thats about 15 years old. Got a newer one?

Will be my first APU (goodbye frostbite!!!), NWS and swept wing aircraft. And the first I can stand upright in - only just but still...

Job will be on an old worn out III (88 model,12000hrs ex NJusa, UNS1´s fitted) and a newer VII.

I do the rating on the aircraft (which I don´t like but no choice except selfunding) I´d still highly appreciate input on handling and critical things.

Yours
h_d

Bumz_Rush
21st Oct 2005, 03:03
sounds like the same vintage...I remember there was a big electrical update. J box ? and this was an early mod, so I suspect all done. Stand up....welcome to the fist stage on big aircraft...NWS no problem...only need to remmebr it exists, not vital, easy to taxi using power, and brakes, once moving...
APU, was very very good.....
My manual is over 15 years old....I was on a very very early unit...
Swept wing, actually very easy to handle, remmeber very slow to slow down, but when slow, keep power as well as drag to ensure no stalling....keep out of the V ref - numbers.....
Good luck....

Bumz

lancaster52
3rd Nov 2005, 05:36
Have you thought of contacting the manufacturer? Just a thought!