PDA

View Full Version : what did you do when....

star84
12th Oct 2005, 02:35
hey everyone

thought I would start a topic about what you did/felt when you found out that you had been accepted as a flight attendant.

I was in line at McDonalds and missed the call on my mobile! I called them right back and was told I was in. The first thing I said was 'oh my god are you SERIOUS?!' in a really uncool way.

I was so happy to get the acceptance phone call, as I was too scared to open my inbox incase the dreaded e-mail was there!

what did you do?

Flying_Sarah747
12th Oct 2005, 18:10
I think I did about the same thing! It was about midnight that they called me as well cause I was in Australia and they were calling from the UK.

My friend was hillarious though. He was driving in his car and crashed it when they told him, and he was like oh my God I'm gonna have to call you back I've just crashed my car!!!!! Too funny!!!! :)

tiggerific_69
13th Oct 2005, 10:05
i cried,ran round the house,and phoned every person i could possibly think of to tell them!! :)

757girl
14th Oct 2005, 21:54
I was working in my old job and had to sneak outside to take the call on my mobile phone- kept saying 'thankyou' over and over, then marched straight up to the HR office and told them I was leaving. Best feeling in the world cos I hated my job and they treated me like s**t.

OZcabincrew
15th Oct 2005, 18:29
Hey!

I think i did the same thing. i couldn't stop running around the house screaming!!!!!!!! then i rang and sent messages to everyone i knew (my mum just about started crying)! I also had a friend who was also waiting to hear and she also got in so it was a great feeling. Then after flying as a casual F/A for a year and a half i had an interview to become a full time F/A which is a rare thing with the company i work for and i was actually on a trip in a slip port overseas when i got the call from my manager telling me i've been made full time so i again ran around the room screaming and then ran downstairs to tell a friend of mine who was checking her emails in the foyer and she then ran around screaming! It's just the best feeling, especially for people that have been trying and trying and trying for so many years!

Oz

Rachie
16th Oct 2005, 19:46
I was at work when they first rang me, so when I left work I had loads of missed calls and texts from other people I'd met through the recruitment process about it so I ran back across the car park and back into work going "OMG THEY'VE RANG OMG OMG OMG".. Then I rang them back the next day while I was trying to catch a train and couldn't quite hear if she'd said I'd been successful or unsuccessful, until she said congrats and then I was like "oh right ok".. then I rang everyone going "whoop I'm going to be crew"

mk124
16th Oct 2005, 21:44
i was on holiday, and i got an e-mail from them...evryone around me waiting for me to open the e-mail to found out what it said...no pressure there then!

Then went out and celebrated big time!

priapism
16th Oct 2005, 23:33
'Twas many years ago , but I was at my boring desk job in an insurance office run by a manager that made Adolf Hitler look like a saint. I remember clearly the call I got late in the afternoon.

Much to the amusement of my fellow slaves , the boss arrived the next morning to find on his desk the biggest pineapple I could find with a jar of vaseline taped to it. Underneath it was my resignation letter .

Needless to say I was out the door by morning tea with a very big smile on my face. Started traing school the following week and stayed in the job for 20 years until my company went belly up .

Cheers to all who have also received this life changing call and for those who haven't yet--don't give up - there are plenty of pineapples left at the fruit shop!

SkySista
17th Oct 2005, 02:07
priapism, ROFL!!!!! :ok:

This thread is great....!