PDA

View Full Version : Shawbury crews flypast

Wee Weasley Welshman
15th Jan 2000, 13:52
Just a note to all the crews at Shawbury that have recently taken a liking to flying down the runway at EGCW 20ft flat out... keep it up boys and please - try to get a little lower next time!

Wee Weasley Welshman
19th Jan 2000, 23:58
And to Navy Lynx Alpha310 who gave a flypast at 12:10 local today - well done faster than the RAF boys and we particularly liked the waggle towards the end.

Still could have been a bit lower. But if thats the best you can do...

cyclic
20th Jan 2000, 23:57
Well done WWW

That's him totally stitched up!!

Pinger
21st Jan 2000, 03:54
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Wee Weasley Welshman
21st Jan 2000, 12:27
Well, we are all starting to speculate that perhaps the AAC can't actually find EGCW to do a flypast as they seem to be the only force not to have given us a flyby...

So far its Navy in first place, RAF in second and Police Force in a highly creditable third. The circuit is wide open boys and its me in the tower...

Daifly
21st Jan 2000, 15:28
That's not quite true WWW.

I and my old instructor there had a luverly meeting at 1/2 mile finals 22 with an AAC Lynx, slow moving right to left. Could see the pilot smiling and the passengers crying...

So maybe, after the airmiss was filed they drew a REALLY REALLY big red circle around Welshpool...?!

Wee Weasley Welshman
22nd Jan 2000, 00:12
Ahhh! Perhaps they're not a bunch of big girls blouses who can't find Wales after all then <!>

What I'm worried about is those funny A109's I was asking about in another thread... but would I ever see the fly-by until its too late?!?!

HeliAv8tor
22nd Jan 2000, 00:40
Dear WWW, the current (and there's not many that are current) AAC pilot can't make it to Welshpool as the bungy cord won't stretch that far and if they decided to cut the cord they would'nt be able to find their way home again. HeliAv8tor http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif (editted 'cos I can't spool)

[This message has been edited by HeliAv8tor (edited 21 January 2000).]

Daifly
22nd Jan 2000, 04:03
If you're looking for those funny A109 things you need to visit Fairoaks more often!

Lots of fun trying to get near them!