PDA

View Full Version : RN Merlin - "Pride Of Britain" awards

VoicesFromTheCreche
11th Oct 2005, 20:12
Don't know who managed to see the the Pride Of Britain awards on ITV this evening - good to see the Royal Navy, 814 NAS and the Merlin on prime-time (well, Tuesday night) TV.

Good work fellas (and lass)!!

VFTC

Bigtop
11th Oct 2005, 20:53
And for those who missed the series on Meridian, Discovery Wings are showing the RN FAA 'fly on the wall' again. Latest showing ran last episode last night but I'm led to believe it'll be running again before Christmas.
Good footage of 702 Wings Parade and the 700M crash at Plockton and subsequent FSAIC stuff.

pigfist
11th Oct 2005, 20:55
Well give them a round of applause! I wonder how many aircraft they had to shuffle around to get one on telly?
Best stop now as I can feel a Merlin rant coming on..........f*$king waste of money, not enough radios, useless ESM, too big , not enough endurance and can never find a sodding submarine.....................

Trumpet_trousers
11th Oct 2005, 21:02
...Just seen Charlotte Church bouncing on to the stage...... she's...erm..filled out a bit in the Top B*llocks department...:E

Logistics Loader
11th Oct 2005, 21:03
also cant fly on single engine i hear

Trumpet_trousers
11th Oct 2005, 21:05
also cant fly on single engine i hear

...no, but she can sing apparently...:p

pigfist
11th Oct 2005, 21:05
Try "can't fly". At £48 - £90 million pounds a pop (depending on your source. Makes the benefit fraud seem like sensible economics.

Now as to the little strumpet from Cardiff - theres a girl who won\'t break her nose falling over. May her appearances on TOTP be more frequent with less material.

Tourist
11th Oct 2005, 21:10
Bit harsh pigfist?
Not that I am a fan of the merlin programme, but one thing it certainly can claim is to be the worlds best sub hunter. (apart from another one that is)

greenhaven
11th Oct 2005, 21:16
my god - Merlin bashing within 2 posts...

some things never change on here....:*

Logistics Loader
11th Oct 2005, 21:26
Maybe the best sub hunter because when the engines fail and she ditches,
she is so much closer to the subs for the sonar buoy to work !!!

Toxteth O'Grady
11th Oct 2005, 21:39
What's a sonar buoy [sic]

Obviously speaking as an ASW cogniscenti, then??? NOT!!

LOL

:cool:

TOG

southside
12th Oct 2005, 08:45
I thought it was fantastic. Charlotte, Victoria B and Carol V all in one room....Heaven.

Logistics Loader
12th Oct 2005, 08:52
TOG,
showing my age then i guess

mystic_meg
12th Oct 2005, 18:37
To'G:
He still hasn't got it...maybe you should tell him?

Si Clik
12th Oct 2005, 19:16
PigFist & Logs Loader,

You are cordially invited to visit my Merlin unit anytime, maybe even fly on a CASEX against submarines, use sonobuoys active and passive, be dropped off at Wolf Rock...

And Left to rot.

regards

Si

pigfist
12th Oct 2005, 20:11
Si Clik

What? Not good enough to be a pilot? Or just not good enough to fly fixed wing or Lynx?

I'd be

Si Clik
12th Oct 2005, 20:42
Mr Pig,

I will allow my other dark blue bretheren to respond. My last post on this thread.

Si
:cool:

Oggin Aviator
12th Oct 2005, 21:30
My dear cloven hooved porcine friend,
What? Not good enough to be a pilot? Those with poor observer scores but great pilot scores will get offered pilot and vice versa whilst those with good pilot and good observer scores are generally offered Observer first - of these people those that turn it down generally get offered pilot later.

Your depth of understanding in maritime matters and those pertaining particularly to the Merlin is obviously lacking - do you have this attribute in other areas of your life ? If so can I play you at heads up poker ?? :E

Oggin

12 PSI
12th Oct 2005, 22:06
I'm with you Si.

Looking forward to your NASM appearance!:D

dmanton300
12th Oct 2005, 23:06
Don't feed the troll gents.:ok:

greenhaven
13th Oct 2005, 09:57
http://defenceintranet.diiweb.r.mil.uk/DefenceIntranet/News/DefenceNews/Navy/RoyalNavySupportsThePrideOfBritain.htm