PDA

View Full Version : Beyond TAP the Professors of PPRUNE

Opssys
11th Oct 2005, 13:53
Whilst the regulars in this Forum are rightly famous for being able to provide the answer to any aviation (and it appears most other) questions, which means that unlike me you are definitely in the original Roger Bacon Total Aviation Person class (nearly made it around 1975) , the What Cockpit Thread has proved that many of you have got to triple Phd level. Whilst I was struggled to get the the first question right (eventually did) you guys had disappeared into the distance and were still accelerating.

When I failed to get the VC10 and dammit it was a BUA/BCAL one, I got the dunces cap out and stood in the corner!

Gentlemen as a group your breadth of knowledge is awesome!
DIH

treadigraph
11th Oct 2005, 15:07
It is amazing that PPRuNe has gathered unto itself such an eclectic band of professionals and enthusiasts, all of whom have something to offer, some facet of knowledge in which the rest can indulge.

A daily dose of prunes is supposed to keep you regular - I'm the other way round, I need a regular dose of PPRuNe throughout the day!

Squirt PPRuNe juice in yer afterburner and see what happens!

Cheers

Treadders

No comment
12th Oct 2005, 11:02
I'm by no means a TAP (although I'm getting better!) but I have to check PPRuNe at least a few times a day...

Nice that I can use the excuse that its "Work Related" (very fine line though!) but it would be interesting to see how much time I spend in this particular forum reading the very interesting posts about topics I might never have given a thought about before.

I've always been amazed by the responses to what sometimes may seem a trivial question to someone "in the know" too.

Long may it continue!

(p.s. perhaps a PPRuNe awards scheme for the "most useful/interesting contributor" although there are countless candidates for that one)

Onan the Clumsy
12th Oct 2005, 12:28
It is amazing that PPRuNe has gathered unto itself such an eclectic band of professionals and enthusiasts, all of whom have something to offer ...and there's me as well :(

Opssys
14th Oct 2005, 13:07
Whilst the 'What Cockpit' thread has always had that 'Mastermind' element to it.
What has fascinated me is how a thread evolves from one thing to another. This is exemplified by the current Biggles thread, which started out as a question on Copyright (which was extremely well covered) moved on to the Biggles Books themselves and is rapidly becoming a Mastermind session on the works and career of W.E.Johns. Marvellous!
DIH